3.5 ton sams club Michelin floor jack

Old November 25th 12, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default 3.5 ton sams club Michelin floor jack

I have a 3.5 ton sams club Michelin floor jack , it needed fluid and
when i took out the refill plug , the spring and crome balls came
out , i picked up the parts and there were 2 balls ( big and small ) ,
i can Not find any info on the web about these , the Question is , IS
there 2 balls or is there only ment to be 1 ??? and what order do they
thx
Old November 25th 12, 06:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Gene[_7_]

http://www.hyjacks.com
http://www.hyjacks.com/ckvalve.jpg
http://www.hyjacks.com/H7.HTM
http://www.blackhawkparts.com

Old November 25th 12, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Nov 25, 11:34*am, "Steve W." > wrote:
> wrote:
> > I have a 3.5 ton sams club Michelin floor jack , it needed fluid and
> > when i took out the refill plug , the spring and crome balls came
> > out , i picked up the parts and there were 2 balls ( big and small ) ,
> > i can Not find any info on the web about these , the Question is , IS
> > there 2 balls or is there only ment to be 1 ??? and what order do they
> > thx

> That wasn't the fill plug. That was the pump valve.
>
> Small valve to bottom large ball on top. The spring usually goes between
> them.
>
> --
> Steve W.

thanks Steve , i tried that and didn't work , i put the small ball 1st
then the big ball then the spring and plug, it WORKS , thanks for the
idea though ,
Old November 26th 12, 09:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

On Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:25:34 AM UTC-7, wrote:

> I have a 3.5 ton sams club Michelin floor jack, it
> needed fluid and when i took out the refill plug, the
> spring and crome balls came out , i picked up the
> parts and there were 2 balls ( big and small ), I
> can not find any info on the web about these

Here's a diagram. The little ball goes in first, then the
small spring, then the big ball, then the big spring. I've
seen this in a couple of jacks:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9065/jack07.jpg

Old November 26th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Gene[_7_]

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:25:34 AM UTC-7, wrote:
>>
>> I have a 3.5 ton sams club Michelin floor jack, it
>> needed fluid and when i took out the refill plug, the
>> spring and crome balls came out , i picked up the
>> parts and there were 2 balls ( big and small ), I
>> can not find any info on the web about these

> Here's a diagram. The little ball goes in first, then the
> small spring, then the big ball, then the big spring. I've
> seen this in a couple of jacks:
>
> http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9065/jack07.jpg

Of the same dimensions, file size and a substring of the same
file name, and excerpted straight from the site I had provided:
http://www.hyjacks.net/Bottle%20Jack%20Animation_07.jpg

On this page:
http://www.hyjacks.net/ani_extraction.htm

Good work.

Old October 21st 15, 01:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nelson

replying to nitrodag, Nelson wrote:
Heavier jacks may have 2 ball bearings that are actually check valves, and sit
on a conical hole (1 per) but they should be where the pump/piston is. Never
in the reservoir

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/tech/3-5-...ck-107114-.htm