N.A VW TDI's CLEANER than '80's gas cars!

Old October 21st 15, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,can.politics
M.A. Stewart

Default N.A VW TDI's CLEANER than '80's gas cars!

Non-compliant N.A. VW TDI's cleaner on NOx than all the
1980's gasoline cars in North America! They are WAY
cleaner than 1990's and later world (mostly zero emissions
controls) petrol fuelled cars.

Non-compliant TDI's peak with 5 grams/mile NOx. It's
supposed to be 0.05 g/m. ASM dyno's show an average
of 1000 ppm to 3000 ppm of NOx in state testing on N.A.
gasoline cars of the 1980's.

1500 ppm of NOx output (2 litre engine) is approximately
14 grams/mile, on the ASM dyno with a 25 mph road speed!

What's your ASM NOx?

The EPA should issue an exemption to VW. It's a diesel
with a cat for christ sakes and a ****IN' CARBON FILTER!

Show me a diesel in _all_ of Africa, South America, India,
China, Eurasia etc. with a ****IN' CAT on it, let alone a
CARBON FILTER!

Enviro-weenies... deficit of proportion, perspective,
perception, and logic!

--
"My restored 1958 VW Beetle pollutes the air and the
environment more, just sitting in the laneway un-driven,

parts cleaner?? KG[_1_] Technology 2 March 13th 11 08:21 PM
air cleaner [email protected] Audi 2 November 4th 07 01:45 AM
Are cleaner cars the main and only answer to curtail the production of global warming gases? [email protected] Driving 6 April 13th 07 09:40 PM
What burns cleaner? DB General 0 December 24th 06 03:59 AM
cleaner wf81 Ford Mustang 10 February 26th 06 07:57 AM