'97 Voyager Van Door locks posessed

Old July 28th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Steve L

Default '97 Voyager Van Door locks posessed

The power door locks continuously keep trying to lock even though they are
locked (click click click click!). At the same time, but intermittantly, the
"open door" indicator keeps flashing along with the interior lights. I
cleaned all the switches so they make contact when the doors are closed.
HELP.
Thank you.

Old July 28th 06, 11:37 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Steve L" > wrote in message
> The power door locks continuously keep trying to lock even though they are
> locked (click click click click!). At the same time, but intermittantly,

the
> "open door" indicator keeps flashing along with the interior lights. I
> cleaned all the switches so they make contact when the doors are closed.
> HELP.
> Thank you.

One of the door switches is worn out, Start with the sliding door, key on
from the inside push outward with a little pressure and see if the lite
comes on. If it does just get another switch and put it on.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 29th 06, 12:36 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Steve L

OK, Glenn. I have determined it is the liftgate causing the problem. Where
is the switch located? There are 2 spring-loaded catches on the sides (not
wired I think), so is the switch in the main center catch?
Thank you!

. ..

Old July 29th 06, 12:51 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Steve L

Glenn,
I disconnect the harness from the tailgate switch (I found it). I shorted
the leads together, but the interior light did not go off??? Should it
have? I would thinks so.
Steve

Old July 31st 06, 11:29 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
damnnickname

I dont think you found your problem. You need to check the sliding door
switches.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 31st 06, 08:08 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Steve L" > wrote in message
> OK, Glenn. I have determined it is the liftgate causing the problem.

Where
> is the switch located? There are 2 spring-loaded catches on the sides

(not
> wired I think), so is the switch in the main center catch?
> Thank you!
>
> "maxpower" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "Steve L" > wrote in message
> >> The power door locks continuously keep trying to lock even though they
> >> are
> >> locked (click click click click!). At the same time, but

intermittantly,
> > the
> >> "open door" indicator keeps flashing along with the interior lights. I
> >> cleaned all the switches so they make contact when the doors are

closed.
> >> HELP.
> >> Thank you.
> >>

> > One of the door switches is worn out, Start with the sliding door, key

on
> > from the inside push outward with a little pressure and see if the lite
> > comes on. If it does just get another switch and put it on.
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

First of all if you are going to post a question try to stick with the
original post and don't make a new one. It makes it to confusing to answer
the question when I go back and fourth.
The switch is built into the latch, all it does is ground the wire when the
door is open and this turns on the lite at the dash.
The little buttons you are referring to at the side of the door are just
guides,
If im not mistaken on that 97 model, but when the rear hatch is open
doesn't it only turn on the back lites and not the over head lites at the
front?
Doesn't this model have a liftgate warning lamp on it and a door ajar lite
warning lamp at the dash?????

Old July 31st 06, 08:12 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge
maxpower

"Steve L" > wrote in message
> Glenn,
> I disconnect the harness from the tailgate switch (I found it). I shorted
> the leads together, but the interior light did not go off??? Should it
> have? I would thinks so.
> Steve
>
> "Steve L" > wrote in message
> > OK, Glenn. I have determined it is the liftgate causing the problem.
> > Where is the switch located? There are 2 spring-loaded catches on the
> > sides (not wired I think), so is the switch in the main center catch?
> > Thank you!
> >
> > "maxpower" > wrote in message
> > . ..
> >>
> >> "Steve L" > wrote in message

intermittantly,
> >> the

closed.

> >> One of the door switches is worn out, Start with the sliding door, key

on
> >> from the inside push outward with a little pressure and see if the

lite
> >> comes on. If it does just get another switch and put it on.
> >>
> >> Glenn Beasley
> >> Chrysler Tech

First of all if you are going to post a question try to stick with the
original post and don't make a new one. It makes it to confusing to answer
the question when I go back and fourth.
The switch is built into the latch, all it does is ground the wire when the
door is open and this turns on the lite at the dash.
The little buttons you are referring to at the side of the door are just
guides,
If im not mistaken on that 97 model, but when the rear hatch is open
doesn't it only turn on the back lites and not the over head lites at the
front?
Doesn't this model have a liftgate warning lamp on it and a door ajar lite
warning lamp at the dash?????

Glenn

Old August 4th 06, 06:07 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Steve L

Sorry about the repost Glenn -- I thought it would be easier.

Anyway, yes, on the dash is a liftgate warning graphic that lights up, and a
door ajar light. The only glowing/flashing dash warning is the liftgate
warning (not the door ajar light). The locks keep trying to relock and all
interior lights flash. I do not know if only the rear lights go one when
the liftgate is open? Can't tell now since all are flashing. I removed
the door lock fuse for now because I am worried they will wear out from
constantly clicking --- but that fuse is also the turn signal fuse!

. ..