gas prices too high or too low?

Old June 10th 04, 03:39 AM
ben

Default gas prices too high or too low?

Don't know know if the question has been asked before, but humor me
for a bit and share your thoughts on gas prices and if ya think
driving an SUV is unpatriotic? In my own mind its a complicated
question that can effect US national security (the part where we in
the USA are dependent upon foreign oil). It was a topic that was sort
of covered in the last issue of national geographic so I posted
another rant on why I think in general SUVs suck.

http://www.phaster.com/road_trips/ar...patriotic.html

I just filled up my land cruiser and it took $100+, oh well its my toy
and its the only vehicle that can accomplish what I want it to do, so
I don't mind paying for the priviliage of driving the darn thing, but
with gas prices all over the news and oil prices now just dropping are
people going to ignore the recient gas price spike??????
Old June 10th 04, 06:06 AM
Sgt. Sausage

"ben" > wrote in message
om...
> Don't know know if the question has been asked before, but humor me
> for a bit and share your thoughts on gas prices

Which thoughts exactly?

Relative to the world, I think we're far to low on
gas prices.

Relative to past domestic prices, taking into
consideration inflation, I still think we're too low.

On the other hand, in general, I think they're too
high -- but only because I'm a consumer seeking
to reduce my expenses. I've no idea what the "ideal"
price of a gallon is in the U.S, but I'd like to think it's
a helluva lot lower than we're paying now and I'd like
to think we actually have a chance of reducing the
current prices to that "ideal" price.

> and if ya think
> driving an SUV is unpatriotic?

Dumb question.

Is drinking coffee unpatriotic?

Is posting to usenet unpatriotic?

Is masturbation unpatriotic?

Who cares.

> In my own mind its a complicated
> question that can effect US national security (the part where we in
> the USA are dependent upon foreign oil).

It's a lot more complicated than that. A lot.

> It was a topic that was sort
> of covered in the last issue of national geographic so I posted
> another rant on why I think in general SUVs suck.

Everything sucks for *somebody*.

I happen to be in agreement. SUVs have a lot of suckage,
but definitely not, in particular, because they are "unpatriotic".

> http://www.phaster.com/road_trips/ar...patriotic.html
>

> I just filled up my land cruiser and it took $100+, oh well its my toy
> and its the only vehicle that can accomplish what I want it to do, so
> I don't mind paying for the priviliage of driving the darn thing, but
> with gas prices all over the news and oil prices now just dropping are
> people going to ignore the recient gas price spike??????

The patriotic folks out there have fought and died for
exactly the freedom to drive an SUV -- suckage or not.

Old June 10th 04, 06:06 AM
Sgt. Sausage

om...

Old June 10th 04, 06:41 AM
Refinish King

Why would stroking your sausage be unpatriotic?

Refinish King

Old June 10th 04, 06:41 AM
Refinish King

Old June 10th 04, 04:03 PM
Exit

"Refinish King" > wrote in message
> Why would stroking your sausage be unpatriotic?
>

> Refinish King

Depends if you're thinking of Osama Bum Laden while you do it I suppose. . .
.. . .

Old June 10th 04, 04:03 PM
Exit

Old June 10th 04, 04:11 PM
Exit

"ben" > wrote in message
om...
> Don't know know if the question has been asked before, but humor me
> for a bit and share your thoughts on gas prices and if ya think
> driving an SUV is unpatriotic? In my own mind its a complicated
> question that can effect US national security (the part where we in
> the USA are dependent upon foreign oil). It was a topic that was sort
> of covered in the last issue of national geographic so I posted
> another rant on why I think in general SUVs suck.
>

> http://www.phaster.com/road_trips/ar...patriotic.html
>

> I just filled up my land cruiser and it took $100+, oh well its my toy
> and its the only vehicle that can accomplish what I want it to do, so
> I don't mind paying for the priviliage of driving the darn thing, but
> with gas prices all over the news and oil prices now just dropping are
> people going to ignore the recient gas price spike??????

Petrol prices are very low in the US compared to the rest of the developed
world even with the recent increases for a variety of reasons - the only
reason it is considered expensive now is because your expectation is for low
fuel prices. It's all relative.

As for driving an SUV being unpatriotic, well I suppose if it wasn't built
in the US and took jobs and profit away from American workers then it could
be considered unpatriotic, but not because it's thirsty. Then again, as most
US oil comes from foreign countries you could consider buying any fuel
unpatriotic if you wanted. You'd be stupid of course, but you could do it!