N2003 is done, what is next?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 21st 05, 08:54 PM
Tony Rickard

"Mitch_A" wrote:

> Its not going to be NR2004, EVER. Maybe Papy has it wrong and sucked you
> along with em? I sure dont get the feeling of floating though. If
> anything I feel the GTR demo actually has a working suspension which
> requires much more finesse to drive effectively. Like any REAL driver

will
> tell you "slow in fast out" is key and GTR models this well. Weve been
> conditioned to brake un godly late in Papy sims and that model has been
> wrong since N1.

You may be right Mitch but I am share the same view as Larry. Possibly it is
because I am conditioned to Papy sims although I have raced sims since 1990
and Papy sims have not ruled my hard drive throughout that time.

I have explained before I think it is more down to a controller thing and
how I relate to the controller and visuals to simulate the missing physical
impact.

I know the speeds do not equate to it but the "feel" I get from GTR, F1C
etc. is that car handles less well than my road car and certainly less so
than anything of the limited machinery I have driven on a track.

Driving a high performance machine the feeling should be of how well it
corners and then the discovery of how much faster you can go. GTR is the
opposite. A good road car feels sharp when turning in, GTR feels like a pig.
It just feels wrong, but that is not to say it feels wrong for anyone else.

Therefore I just don't believe there will be a definitive sim like we had in
the past when Indycar ousted F1GP and later when GPL came along and blew
everything away.

Comments such as GTR is the best sim period, or GTP takes the crown as #1
sim are simply opinions of groups. The engines have developed to a degree
that the "best" is the one that fools the brain best to create a sensation
of real driving. Fow which I am convinced there is a fudge factor over and
above simulation suspension etc.

Cheers
Tony