94 GrandAm

Old October 22nd 05, 01:24 AM
SherBear

Default 94 GrandAm

I got a GrandAM that gets hot but will cool down after you rev up the
engine while in nutral, heater doesnt work had head gasket work done on
it, new water pump,thermostat, raiditor flushed, thought it had air lock
had fluids pumped thoughout the engine at chevy dealer and still over
heats and doesnt blow any heat the blower does work but its just varly
warm.

Old October 22nd 05, 05:31 AM
« Paul »

SherBear wrote:

> I got a GrandAM that gets hot but will cool down after you rev up the
> engine while in nutral, heater doesnt work had head gasket work done on
> it, new water pump,thermostat, raiditor flushed, thought it had air lock
> had fluids pumped thoughout the engine at chevy dealer and still over
> heats and doesnt blow any heat the blower does work but its just varly
> warm.

Sounds like the heater and much of the engine is full of air.
Old November 1st 05, 05:21 AM
Imknotright

Replace the heater core. Friend had the same exact problem on his 94 grand
Am. He ignored it. Heater core finally started leaking. We replaced the
heater core & the overheating went away.

Old November 1st 05, 07:35 PM
oldkid

with engine warmed up if both hoses are hot in and out of heater core
on firewall then heatercore is flowing ok.if one is cold then
heatercore is blocked/dirty.you can reverse flush with gardenhose and
retry.make sure your radiator fan is coming on when engine gets hot.

Old November 2nd 05, 01:29 AM
Imknotright

"with engine warmed up if both hoses are hot in and out of heater core
on firewall then heatercore is flowing ok"

Usually that theory is true, but for some f'd up reason it does not hold
true in this particular car 94 GA

Old November 2nd 05, 04:04 PM
KAT

Default 95 GrandAm

Imknotright wrote:
> Replace the heater core. Friend had the same exact problem on his 94 grand
> Am. He ignored it. Heater core finally started leaking. We replaced the
> heater core & the overheating went away.

Mine is a 95 Pontiac Grand Am and leaks coolant, fogs up windshield,
and cannot use heater. Is this my heater core also?

Old November 3rd 05, 12:03 AM
Imknotright

You got it