Help with Honda OEM stereo selection

Old April 11th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Help with Honda OEM stereo selection

Hi there,

Does anyone know if Honda OEM tape decks have both CD changer control,
and RCA outputs on the deck? If so, anyone know what year these decks
were first installed?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Marten
Victoria, BC
Old April 11th 06, 07:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Ok, I'll wire it up myself.

Thanks for the email..

Jeremy

Old April 11th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Jeremy Marten > wrote:

> Does anyone know if Honda OEM tape decks have both CD changer control,
> and RCA outputs on the deck? If so, anyone know what year these decks
> were first installed?

I don't know about Honda Tape Decks.

My 2003 Honda Civic has a single-cd in dash head unit.
It has a connector on the back that could go to an optional CD Changer or
tape deck. I have plugged a P.I.E converter into that jack. The P.I.E has
RCA inputs, and my MP3 player appears as "CD-1, Track 1" on the head unit.
I toggle between CD player and MP3 player with the CD button on the head
unit.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehonaux.html

I didn't have to remove the radio. There's a flat 14 pin connector, on the
back of the radio, so it was easy enough to reach up behind the radio and
plug the connector in.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C1D73243B

--
---