Alfa Romeo 159 - Auto Express

Old June 18th 05, 10:32 PM
Zathras

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 19:05:05 +0100, (SteveH)
wrote:

>Zathras > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:13:56 +0100, > wrote:

>> >Only by a yard possibly <BWG>

>> I must always make allowances for those who passionately believe that
>> the big 'Chav' rear spoiler on the 156 saloon was an essential
>> improvement! ;-)

>Paging Catman....

But nobody told me he'd had a taste bypass...

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old June 18th 05, 10:46 PM
SteveH

Zathras > wrote:

> >> I must always make allowances for those who passionately believe that
> >> the big 'Chav' rear spoiler on the 156 saloon was an essential
> >> improvement! ;-)

> >Paging Catman....

> But nobody told me he'd had a taste bypass...

You're implying that he had taste in the first place ;-)
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL
Old June 19th 05, 01:09 PM
Graeme Cosgrove

Simon C wrote:
> An interesting review and first drive of the 159 can be found he
>
> http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/preview...romeo_159.html
>
> Makes for good reading.
>
> Simon C
> 156 2.4JTD V1 (2002)
> To reply: remove nospam. from the address

ITS GOT DOOR HANDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are they thinking of?????????

Old June 19th 05, 04:44 PM
Zathras

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:09:34 +0100, Graeme Cosgrove
> wrote:

<snip>
>ITS GOT DOOR HANDLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>What are they thinking of?????????

...doing boring designs?

Old June 19th 05, 05:06 PM
Catman

SteveH wrote:

> Zathras > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:13:56 +0100, > wrote:

>> >Only by a yard possibly <BWG>

>> I must always make allowances for those who passionately believe that
>> the big 'Chav' rear spoiler on the 156 saloon was an essential
>> improvement! ;-)

> Paging Catman....

So go on, all gang up on me.

I'm glad I was elsewhere when this thread came up

And if you think the pram handle's bad, just wait til you see the *utter
obscenity* that was at Alfa day today, in the concours section, no less.

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 19th 05, 09:22 PM
Zathras

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:06:19 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

<snip>
> just wait til you see the *utter
>obscenity* that was at Alfa day today, in the concours section, no less.

C'mon then..pics? Or did you're camera think it was unsafe to operate
and pull off into the pits before the main event!

Old June 19th 05, 09:29 PM
Catman

Zathras wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 16:06:19 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> just wait til you see the *utter
>>obscenity* that was at Alfa day today, in the concours section, no less.

> C'mon then..pics? Or did you're camera think it was unsafe to operate
> and pull off into the pits before the main event!

Actually, as you'll see in the other thread that appears to be *exactly*
what happened. It is some 4+ years old, digital thing, but it does seem to
have taste.
The only shot that it has taken is of the perpetrators of this hideous crime
against nature. So we could, possibly, track them down and give them a
serious beating.

I mean, it had sort of bat shaped fog lights ffs.
Old June 19th 05, 09:47 PM
Zathras

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:29:45 +0000, Catman
> wrote:

<snip>
> It is some 4+ years old, digital thing, but it does seem to
>have taste.

I didn't know the Italians did digi cameras too! ;-)

>The only shot that it has taken is of the perpetrators of this hideous crime
>against nature. So we could, possibly, track them down and give them a
>serious beating.

Lead on...

>I mean, it had sort of bat shaped fog lights ffs.

Wow..fire and forget seekers in the fogs! You sure it's not the next
Bat mobile?? :-)))

Old June 19th 05, 09:58 PM
Catman

Zathras wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:29:45 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> It is some 4+ years old, digital thing, but it does seem to
>>have taste.

> I didn't know the Italians did digi cameras too! ;-)

Heh

>>The only shot that it has taken is of the perpetrators of this hideous
>>crime
>>against nature. So we could, possibly, track them down and give them a
>>serious beating.

> Lead on...

Tempting. I wouldn't want to act unilaterally on this. We want a vote from
a.a.a-r...

>>I mean, it had sort of bat shaped fog lights ffs.

> Wow..fire and forget seekers in the fogs! You sure it's not the next
> Bat mobile?? :-)))

Uglier.

Honestly

No it was.

I promise

No seriously, it was uglier than all the batmobiles, put together.