Deer Danger

Old May 27th 05, 02:43 AM
John David Galt

Garrison Hilliard wrote:
> "There are more deer now in North America than there have ever been. And
> we're right in their habitat. We're living there, we're driving
> there," said wildlife officer Todd Malmsbury.

This is what happens when the animal rights nut-movement gets hunting
banned or made difficult. Too damn many useless deer.

If the states won't allow enough hunting, they need to have animal control
people kill the damn things.
Old May 27th 05, 03:12 AM
Bill

John David Galt wrote:

> Garrison Hilliard wrote:
>> "There are more deer now in North America than there have ever been. And
>> we're right in their habitat. We're living there, we're driving
>> there," said wildlife officer Todd Malmsbury.

> This is what happens when the animal rights nut-movement gets hunting
> banned or made difficult. Too damn many useless deer.
>
> If the states won't allow enough hunting, they need to have animal control
> people kill the damn things.

Doesn't that really mean too damn many people and they should have people
control come out and kill the damn things.
Perspective, man, perspective.
Give the deer rifles during hunting season.
Bill Baka
Old May 27th 05, 03:28 AM
lokey

"greggery peccary" <.@.> wrote in message
> "Garrison Hilliard" > wrote in message
>> This is a peak time of year for deer crashes, even in heavily populated
>> areas.
>>

> i almost crushed a squirrel yesterday, but hitting a deer on a bike would
> be
> something...anyone ever?...naw!

Not quite, but... a couple years ago I was cycling down a country road with
a fair bit of mid-height undergrowth right out to the road side. Not 5
metres ahead of me two deer jumped out into the road, ran across, and with
that odd-looking loping gait hopped the brush on the other side.

Quite a sight. Deer is something I can never get a photo of, for obvious
reasons.

--
'Keep on riding north and west
Then circle south and east

Old May 27th 05, 03:56 AM
lokey

"Bill" > wrote in message
> John David Galt wrote:
>
>> Garrison Hilliard wrote:
>>> "There are more deer now in North America than there have ever been. And
>>> we're right in their habitat. We're living there, we're driving
>>> there," said wildlife officer Todd Malmsbury.

>> This is what happens when the animal rights nut-movement gets hunting
>> banned or made difficult. Too damn many useless deer.
>>
>> If the states won't allow enough hunting, they need to have animal
>> control
>> people kill the damn things.

> Doesn't that really mean too damn many people and they should have people
> control come out and kill the damn things.
> Perspective, man, perspective.
> Give the deer rifles during hunting season.

Recall that video a few years back of the doofus who covered himself in
deer urine during rutting season? He fought the deer and the deer kicked the
bejesus out of him - thinking him a rival male I guess...

Old May 27th 05, 02:53 PM
Mark Hickey

Bill > wrote:

>John David Galt wrote:

>> If the states won't allow enough hunting, they need to have animal control
>> people kill the damn things.

>Doesn't that really mean too damn many people and they should have people
>control come out and kill the damn things.
>Perspective, man, perspective.
>Give the deer rifles during hunting season.

Great idea, Bill... then after a year or two, the deer can all starve
to death together. Very humane.

Just remember - the knee jerk reaction to a problem is usually the
wrong one.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old May 28th 05, 10:12 AM
John David Galt

Bill wrote:
> Doesn't that really mean too damn many people and they should have people
> control come out and kill the damn things.
> Perspective, man, perspective.

That's a dimwitted view of perspective. The earth is _for_ humans.

But if you really believe there's a "surplus" of people, I suggest you
begin by killing yourself.
Old May 31st 05, 02:52 PM
RonSonic

On Thu, 26 May 2005 19:12:40 -0700, Bill > wrote:

>John David Galt wrote:
>
>> Garrison Hilliard wrote:
>>> "There are more deer now in North America than there have ever been. And
>>> we're right in their habitat. We're living there, we're driving
>>> there," said wildlife officer Todd Malmsbury.

>> This is what happens when the animal rights nut-movement gets hunting
>> banned or made difficult. Too damn many useless deer.
>>
>> If the states won't allow enough hunting, they need to have animal control
>> people kill the damn things.

>Doesn't that really mean too damn many people and they should have people
>control come out and kill the damn things.
>Perspective, man, perspective.
>Give the deer rifles during hunting season.
>Bill Baka

Bill, man has been the primary limit on the North American deer population for
about 10,000 years. To abruptly abdicate our husbandry of the wildlife and
forests would be irresponsible. True, it conflicts with the bambi-ist bull****,
feel-good rhetoric about "our natural environment" but then that is bull****.

Perspective.

Ron

Old June 1st 05, 04:44 AM

"Judy Pride Of Aunt Millie's Diarrhea murdered his turd tamper" spewed,
sprayed, and otherwise expelled the following fecal matter:

> One more reason we need to lower speed limits. Same lives of humans
> and deer.

You're ****ing retarded.

The last two miles of my journey in from work each day (I realize the
concept of having a job is alien to you, but do try to use your
imagination) I have to go through between 1 and 4 small groups of deer.
These groups have between 2 and 6 deer. As of yet, I have not hit one,
although I am a cautious driver.

Note that a lowered speed limit is *not* required to avoid striking
deer, and that I avoid impacting them even though I drive over the
posted limit. All that is required is a state of alertness and the
ability to control your car.

That being said, I realize there are a great number of retards in the
world who can't bring themselves to focus that much attention on the
task at hand, driving, or that don't know their car well enough to know
how to control it; you are a prime example of these types of people. It
doesn't bother me, though, as your dumb worthless asses keep the auto
body shop operators in a booming business.

Perhaps a better solution to the growing deer problem would be thinning
out the herds, before their numbers grow to be a major problem with not
only incompetent motorists, but in deforestation and in attracting the
inflow of their predators?

Hunting? Nah, too simple and cost effective of a solution for a librul.

Old June 1st 05, 04:52 AM

"Judy Pride Of Aunt Millie's Diarrhea murdered his turd tamper" spewed,
sprayed, and otherwise expelled the following fecal matter:

> One more reason we need to lower speed limits. Same lives of humans
> and deer.

By the way, moron, a better use for the deer than allowing them to
become hood ornaments:

http://www.schuntersforthehungry.org/

Which, I'm proud to say, I'm affiliated with. You ever done something
for someone else, or are you too busy sitting back trying to figure out
how to budget your welfare dollar?

DANGER DONT DO THIS TO YOUR ENGINE [email protected] Ford Mustang 4 May 7th 05 08:04 AM
Car accident while saving a deer aspadda Driving 21 March 31st 05 03:52 AM
Deer Whistlers - Any Good? pws Mazda 13 November 20th 04 03:20 AM
miata versus deer pws Mazda 6 October 2nd 04 12:32 AM