Short circuit in my power head contaminated water. Help?

Old February 19th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aquaria.tech

Default Short circuit in my power head contaminated water. Help?

My rio 2100 pump caught fire in my tank leaving the water a smelly sooty mess. Most of
my fish are dead except a humma trigger two clowns and a damsil . I have changed
the water (50%) and continue to change it. What about my live rock? Will it be
okay? Has this ever happened to any one? Any ihfo woul d be appreciated

Old February 27th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aquaria.tech

You mean your corals ? According to observation made by fishermen, I
would say that corals better resist electric discharges than standard
fishes. SO if your clown fish is alive, your coral should be alive.

water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers General 0 January 5th 06 10:09 AM
water cooler, water coolers, water dispenser, water dispensers,bottleless water cooler,bottleless water coolers,bottleless water dispenser,bottleless water dispensers water coolers Reefs 0 January 5th 06 10:06 AM
Rec.ponds FAQ Snooze General 7 April 11th 05 07:04 AM
No Better RO/DI Anywhere!!! Pat Hogan General 0 November 14th 03 06:57 PM
Hard Water Tetras? rapdor General 7 September 14th 03 12:35 PM