Panicking Idiots Hoarding Gasoline

Old August 9th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default Panicking Idiots Hoarding Gasoline

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> This business about the leaky pipes in Alaska has a bunch of morons in
> SoCal LINING UP to buy gasoline, even though prices are NOT rising and
> there are NO shortages forecast. These ****heads are going to CAUSE
> the very effect they are trying to avoid: by spiking up demand, they
> are going to cause a spike in the price.

What has the media been hyping since the moment the shutdown was released
to them? Hyping an increase in prices.

> Idiots.

Yes they are idiots for listening to the media. Sadly, so do the traders
much of the time.

Old August 9th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > This business about the leaky pipes in Alaska has a bunch of morons in
> > SoCal LINING UP to buy gasoline, even though prices are NOT rising and
> > there are NO shortages forecast. These ****heads are going to CAUSE
> > the very effect they are trying to avoid: by spiking up demand, they
> > are going to cause a spike in the price.

> What has the media been hyping since the moment the shutdown was released
> to them? Hyping an increase in prices.
>
> > Idiots.

> Yes they are idiots for listening to the media. Sadly, so do the traders
> much of the time.

Well the increase has begun.

Went up 3 cents yesterday and the late news last night says oil is up
$2/barrel. I am betting that it will go up around 25 cents before it
stops. Much too good an opportunity for the companies to raise prices.

Harry k

Old August 10th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> "Harry K" > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >Well the increase has begun.
> >
> >Went up 3 cents yesterday and the late news last night says oil is up
> >$2/barrel. I am betting that it will go up around 25 cents before it
> >stops. Much too good an opportunity for the companies to raise prices.

> Well, I will be doing my part and taking the Metrolink more often.
> Fortunately it now runs on weekends in The OC, so I can use it for
> more than just commuting to/from my office.
> --
> I'm a wreckless driver and damn proud of it!

I might need to upgrade my estimate of the rise. Started at 3.09
before the shutdown, was 3.15 yesterday (up 6c) and still 3.15 this
morning. Just came back trough town and it is now 3.23. A rise of 14
cents in just two days. Except for people living in fairly large
cities, most people don't have the option of metrolink or any other
public transportation.

Harry K

Old August 10th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
morticide

Harry K wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > "Harry K" > said in rec.autos.driving:
> >
> > >Well the increase has begun.
> > >
> > >Went up 3 cents yesterday and the late news last night says oil is up
> > >$2/barrel. I am betting that it will go up around 25 cents before it
> > >stops. Much too good an opportunity for the companies to raise prices.

> > Well, I will be doing my part and taking the Metrolink more often.
> > Fortunately it now runs on weekends in The OC, so I can use it for
> > more than just commuting to/from my office.
> > --
> > I'm a wreckless driver and damn proud of it!

> I might need to upgrade my estimate of the rise. Started at 3.09
> before the shutdown, was 3.15 yesterday (up 6c) and still 3.15 this
> morning. Just came back trough town and it is now 3.23. A rise of 14
> cents in just two days. Except for people living in fairly large
> cities, most people don't have the option of metrolink or any other
> public transportation.
>
> Harry K

You want strange? Over the weekend in northeast Missouri (Kirksville)
the gas jumped from $2.84 to $2.89 - BEFORE the leak news surfaced. It
actually dropped a cent here yesterday, but I'm betting it's temporory.

Old August 10th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, Harry K wrote:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> "Harry K" > said in rec.autos.driving:
>>
>> >Well the increase has begun.
>> >
>> >Went up 3 cents yesterday and the late news last night says oil is up
>> >$2/barrel. I am betting that it will go up around 25 cents before it
>> >stops. Much too good an opportunity for the companies to raise prices.

>> Well, I will be doing my part and taking the Metrolink more often.
>> Fortunately it now runs on weekends in The OC, so I can use it for
>> more than just commuting to/from my office.
>> --
>> I'm a wreckless driver and damn proud of it!

> I might need to upgrade my estimate of the rise. Started at 3.09
> before the shutdown, was 3.15 yesterday (up 6c) and still 3.15 this
> morning. Just came back trough town and it is now 3.23. A rise of 14
> cents in just two days. Except for people living in fairly large
> cities, most people don't have the option of metrolink or any other
> public transportation.

In the chicago area, gasoline is still hovering between 3.239 and 3289
depending on station. Has been this way for a couple weeks.