Problem with tight corners

Old January 20th 05, 05:12 PM
synch390

Default Problem with tight corners

My son just got his license.. (red flags going up) and after using the
car for a couple of days, I got it back and when i tried to make a
u-turn the car did NOT want to make a tight turn. No noises, no rubbing
felt, the tires, just did not want to might a tight turn and in fact it
felt like something was pushing back. I've tested this on both left and
right turns, and it only happens with a tight turn. I plan to take the
car in, but was wondering if anyone might know what this could be, it's
just a really weird problem.
He did admit to running into a snowbank when parking (the rubber bumper
thingy was hanging down,(a dead givaway) so my guess is something got
tweaked out, just not sure how huge a problem he created. thanks for
any insight into this! - diana

Old January 20th 05, 09:32 PM
motsco_ _

synch390 wrote:
> My son just got his license.. (red flags going up) and after using the
> car for a couple of days, I got it back and when i tried to make a
> u-turn the car did NOT want to make a tight turn. No noises, no rubbing
> felt, the tires, just did not want to might a tight turn and in fact it
> felt like something was pushing back. I've tested this on both left and
> right turns, and it only happens with a tight turn. I plan to take the
> car in, but was wondering if anyone might know what this could be, it's
> just a really weird problem.
> He did admit to running into a snowbank when parking (the rubber bumper
> thingy was hanging down,(a dead givaway) so my guess is something got
> tweaked out, just not sure how huge a problem he created. thanks for
> any insight into this! - diana

------------------------

Please sit a little farther to the left . . We can't see what kind of
car it is (or the year) from here . . . We're guessing it's a HOnda.

'Curly'

Old January 20th 05, 10:05 PM
synch390

sorry. yep, Honda civic 2003, about 42,000 miles on it

Old January 25th 05, 08:05 PM
Sean Dinh

Jack up the car. Check for bent right outer tie rod, on the steering
rack.