EA Nascar SimRacing...

Old December 19th 04, 10:38 AM
J. Todd Wasson

>SimRacing...
>From: "Kyle Roberts"
>Date: 12/17/2004 4:32 P.M. Central Standard Time
>

>"JP" > wrote in message
>> Lol, no kidding. Blaming EA (or anyone for that matter) is hilarious.
>>

>> "Bob Gee" > wrote in message
>> > This is kinda funny. Takes two to make an exclusive license agreement,

>> and
>> > just who do you think was really in the driver's seat on a deal like

>this?
>> > Also I wonder just how upset EA's stockholders are. Trading at 44 in
>> > October, close to 60 now.

>Exclusive licensing agreements suck for the consumer. Before, we had several
>choices and competition in Nascar sims and games and now we have one console
>game and one PC sim to choose from.

Booohooo..... Probably not true, but if is, then boohoooooo anyway.

How is that better? I blame Nascar and
>the NFL for going for the cash grab instead of thinking of the people that
>their businesses are built on. The fans. EA has been begging for these
>exclusive deals for years.

You won't blow a freaking measily $50-$70 on a damn game? Better to spend time
this way?? If you'll be sorely missed as a customer I'm sure someone will let
you know ASAP.

They know they have the deep pockets to afford
>them and what better way to beat your competition than to just take them out
>of the game.

Politics of sim racing and development... Gotta be kidding me...?

>I love top posting.

Nobody can stop you :-)

Todd Wasson
Racing Software
http://PerformanceSimulations.com
http://performancesimulations.com/scnshot4.htm

Old December 20th 04, 11:06 PM
JP

"Kyle Roberts" > wrote in message
news

> "JP" > wrote in message
> > Lol, no kidding. Blaming EA (or anyone for that matter) is

hilarious.

> > "Bob Gee" > wrote in message
> > > This is kinda funny. Takes two to make an exclusive license

agreement,
> > and
> > > just who do you think was really in the driver's seat on a deal like

> this?
> > > Also I wonder just how upset EA's stockholders are. Trading at 44 in
> > > October, close to 60 now.

> Exclusive licensing agreements suck for the consumer. Before, we had

several
> choices and competition in Nascar sims and games and now we have one

console
> game and one PC sim to choose from. How is that better? I blame Nascar and
> the NFL for going for the cash grab instead of thinking of the people that
> their businesses are built on. The fans. EA has been begging for these
> exclusive deals for years. They know they have the deep pockets to afford
> them and what better way to beat your competition than to just take them

out
> of the game.
>
> I love top posting.

Glad you're anal about posting methods. Try getting out more.

Regarding the rest of your post, if you think any major sports org,
especially Nascar, cares about the fans, at least the fans in the sense of
you and I, I got a bridge to sell ya.

In terms of exclusive licenses, who cares.

Let's do a hypothetical (or maybe not) Nascar board meeting regarding
licensing for the future....

Suits: Chief, it's again time to decide what pc gaming company should get
our license.

Chief: Right. Who's the contenders this year.

Suits: Same as the last several years; Sierra/Papyrus and EA Sports.

Chief: Right. I want input.

Suits: Sierra/Papyrus have had a license since 1994. EA Sports since
1998, for the pc.

Chief: Right. Opinions ?

Suits: While having a license for a shorter time, EA has completely
sponsored several of our races each year for the last few years, as well as
having contigency sponsorships with many of the teams. Also have hosted
hospitality events at the races, as well as having a deal with the TV
networks, where the latest EA game is used for demonstrations.
They've shown a real desire to work with us, to benefit both
parties.

Chief: Right. Impressive. What about this Sierra/Papyrus ? What have
they done with/for us, besides using our license ?

Suit:
<silence>......................................... ..........................

I know who I'd want to have my license.

Old December 21st 04, 01:58 AM
MrB

JP wrote:
> "Kyle Roberts" > wrote in message
> news >
>>"JP" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Lol, no kidding. Blaming EA (or anyone for that matter) is

> hilarious.

> agreement,
>
>>>and

>>this?

>>Exclusive licensing agreements suck for the consumer. Before, we had

> several
>
>>choices and competition in Nascar sims and games and now we have one

> console
>
>>game and one PC sim to choose from. How is that better? I blame Nascar and
>>the NFL for going for the cash grab instead of thinking of the people that
>>their businesses are built on. The fans. EA has been begging for these
>>exclusive deals for years. They know they have the deep pockets to afford
>>them and what better way to beat your competition than to just take them

> out
>
>>of the game.
>>
>>I love top posting.
>>

> Glad you're anal about posting methods. Try getting out more.
>
> Regarding the rest of your post, if you think any major sports org,
> especially Nascar, cares about the fans, at least the fans in the sense of
> you and I, I got a bridge to sell ya.
>
> In terms of exclusive licenses, who cares.
>
> Let's do a hypothetical (or maybe not) Nascar board meeting regarding
> licensing for the future....
>
> Suits: Chief, it's again time to decide what pc gaming company should get
> our license.
>
> Chief: Right. Who's the contenders this year.
>
> Suits: Same as the last several years; Sierra/Papyrus and EA Sports.
>
> Chief: Right. I want input.
>
> Suits: Sierra/Papyrus have had a license since 1994. EA Sports since
> 1998, for the pc.
>
> Chief: Right. Opinions ?
>
> Suits: While having a license for a shorter time, EA has completely
> sponsored several of our races each year for the last few years, as well as
> having contigency sponsorships with many of the teams. Also have hosted
> hospitality events at the races, as well as having a deal with the TV
> networks, where the latest EA game is used for demonstrations.
> They've shown a real desire to work with us, to benefit both
> parties.
>
> Chief: Right. Impressive. What about this Sierra/Papyrus ? What have
> they done with/for us, besides using our license ?
>
> Suit:
> <silence>......................................... ..........................
>

> I know who I'd want to have my license.

LOL!..........Classic......and right on the money!

Mr. B
Old December 21st 04, 04:13 AM
Bob Gee

"JP" > wrote in message
:
: "Kyle Roberts" > wrote in message
: news : >
: > "JP" > wrote in message
: > ...
: > > Lol, no kidding. Blaming EA (or anyone for that matter) is
: hilarious.
: > >
: > >
: > >
: > > "Bob Gee" > wrote in message
: > > ...
: > > > This is kinda funny. Takes two to make an exclusive license
: agreement,
: > > and
: > > > just who do you think was really in the driver's seat on a deal like
: > this?
: > > > Also I wonder just how upset EA's stockholders are. Trading at 44
in
: > > > October, close to 60 now.
: >
[...]
: .........................
:
:
: I know who I'd want to have my license.

Right on the money, JP, just one additional comment I would add:

Chief (aka: Bill France Jr): Who can possibly afford the outrageous fees
I'm going to demand?

--Bob

Old December 21st 04, 04:20 AM
JP

"Bob Gee" > wrote in message

> [...]

> : 1998, for the pc.
> :
> : Chief: Right. Opinions ?
> :
> : Suits: While having a license for a shorter time, EA has completely
> : sponsored several of our races each year for the last few years, as well
> as
> : having contigency sponsorships with many of the teams. Also have hosted
> : hospitality events at the races, as well as having a deal with the TV
> : networks, where the latest EA game is used for demonstrations.
> : They've shown a real desire to work with us, to benefit

both
> : parties.
> :
> : Chief: Right. Impressive. What about this Sierra/Papyrus ? What

have
> : they done with/for us, besides using our license ?

<silence>......................................... ..........................
> : .........................
> :
> :
> : I know who I'd want to have my license.
>
> Right on the money, JP, just one additional comment I would add:
>
> Chief (aka: Bill France Jr): Who can possibly afford the outrageous fees
> I'm going to demand?
>
> --Bob

Yep, very true.

Old January 16th 05, 04:09 AM
Douglas BISHOP

"Shock" > wrote in message ...
> Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but I think EA has made a good decision by
> hiring former Papyrus employees. Also, it appears that possibly they
> are taking already written code and putting a EA face on a Papyrus
> engine. Here's a link:
>
> http://www.easports.com/games/nascarsimracing/home.jsp
>
> Does anybody have any inside information on this? What is going on?
> Can we look to EA to keep the Papyrus tradition alive?
>
> --
> Shock

Shock! Wazupppp? ($1 Budweiser) You ol' Joonyer fan.......

Old January 16th 05, 04:11 AM
Douglas BISHOP

"JP" > wrote in message

> "Shock" > wrote in message ...
> > Ok, correct me if I am wrong, but I think EA has made a good decision by
> > hiring former Papyrus employees. Also, it appears that possibly they
> > are taking already written code and putting a EA face on a Papyrus
> > engine. Here's a link:
> >
> > http://www.easports.com/games/nascarsimracing/home.jsp
> >
> > Does anybody have any inside information on this? What is going on?
> > Can we look to EA to keep the Papyrus tradition alive?
> >
> > --
> > Shock

> Here's hoping a new tradition is starting. Time for a change.

Here's hoping they remember they are creating a Sim for Sim People instead
of some lame assed console game and don't lock up all but 2 tracks and half
the field of cars....

EA's New NASCAR Sim Fact Sheet David G Fisher Simulators 27 December 18th 04 03:07 PM
NASCAR Question tech27 BMW 46 November 16th 04 12:03 AM
Chargers to star in NASCAR Ted Azito Chrysler 11 October 20th 04 06:55 AM
FS: 1997 Fleer/SkyBox "Shoney's" NASCAR 16-Card Set J.R. Sinclair General 0 May 6th 04 06:11 AM
FS: 1990 Hardees 'Cole Trickle' "Days Of Thunder" NASCAR PROMO Glass J.R. Sinclair General 0 January 27th 04 06:43 AM