155 reverse and fog light

Old October 18th 04, 10:03 PM
Christian Petersen

Default 155 reverse and fog light

Hi,
I've just changed the bulbs of the reverse lights and fog lights, but
the lights still doesn't work.
So I guess either it's the sockets or the wiring.

(I just wondered if this is a typical issue, before I start looking with
my voltmeter)
Does anyone have any suggestions/tips where to start searching?

The car is a 1994 Alfa 155 2.0

Thank you,
Christian, Denmark
Old October 19th 04, 12:47 PM
Paul Woodsford

Unusual for both to fail. Common earth????

--
Paul.Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to Reply
. ..
:
: (I just wondered if this is a typical issue, before I start looking with
: my voltmeter)
: Does anyone have any suggestions/tips where to start searching?
:
: The car is a 1994 Alfa 155 2.0
:
: Thank you,
: Christian, Denmark

---

Old October 19th 04, 05:43 PM
Christian Petersen

Paul Woodsford wrote:
> Unusual for both to fail. Common earth????

Well, when I switch on the fog lights, there's only 0.36V in the jack
connected to the socket, and 0V when I put the car in the reverse gear.

So, I think I got a quest now: Finding the bad connection.

Does anyone know if the wires from the jack is long wires all the way up
front?

Where can I find a wiring diagram of an 1994 Alfa 155?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Old October 19th 04, 08:15 PM
Synapse Syndrome

"Christian Petersen" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hi,
> I've just changed the bulbs of the reverse lights and fog lights, but the
> lights still doesn't work.
> So I guess either it's the sockets or the wiring.
>
> (I just wondered if this is a typical issue, before I start looking with
> my voltmeter)
> Does anyone have any suggestions/tips where to start searching?
>
> The car is a 1994 Alfa 155 2.0

I'm sure that you've checked the fuses, but I just had to mention it..

ss.

Old October 21st 04, 10:18 AM
Bill Jackson

Christian. I had trouble with my reversing lights, the bulbs were OK but
they kept going out. Its a 146ti 1996 and it has a plastic bulb holder, I
found you could strip them right down and give them a good cleaning. It
worked for me, hope you have the same result.
Bill Jackson

Old October 21st 04, 09:04 PM
Christian Petersen

Synapse Syndrome wrote:
> "Christian Petersen" > wrote in message
> . ..
>
>>Hi,
>>I've just changed the bulbs of the reverse lights and fog lights, but the
>>lights still doesn't work.
>>So I guess either it's the sockets or the wiring.
>>
>>(I just wondered if this is a typical issue, before I start looking with
>>my voltmeter)
>>Does anyone have any suggestions/tips where to start searching?
>>
>>The car is a 1994 Alfa 155 2.0

> I'm sure that you've checked the fuses, but I just had to mention it..
>
> ss.

Yeah the fuses seems to be okay.

Christian
Old October 21st 04, 09:08 PM
Christian Petersen

Bill Jackson wrote:
> Christian. I had trouble with my reversing lights, the bulbs were OK but
> they kept going out. Its a 146ti 1996 and it has a plastic bulb holder, I
> found you could strip them right down and give them a good cleaning. It
> worked for me, hope you have the same result.
> Bill Jackson

I tried to clean the left sockets, but nothing changed. I measured the
voltage on the reverse light jack at the socket, and it measured 0V.

A mechanic told me it could be the reverse light switch.
I'm going to the garage on tuesday to change the cooler so I'll tell
them to have a look at the reverse lights too.

Christian