Saitek R440 FF Wheel: What Force Feedback settings with NR2003 and GPL

Old December 23rd 04, 10:42 PM
Joe

Default Saitek R440 FF Wheel: What Force Feedback settings with NR2003 and GPL

After an involuntary break of over a year I am just getting back into online
racing. Broke out NASCAR Racing 2003 and GPL and bought a Saitek R440 Force
Feedback wheel to replace the old red Logitech Formula Force that went to my
son.

Remembering how long it took me to trial-and-error my way to good force
feedback setting when I first got the Logitech I would like some help in
initial settings for the new Saitek R440. Anyone out there with the Saitek
R440 give me some suggestions on what driver and in-game Force Feedback
settings to use? I would be especially grateful for specific advice with
NASCAR Racing 2003 and GPL.

Any advice appreciated

Old December 24th 04, 05:20 PM
tango

"Joe" > wrote in
newsYGyd.9738$jn.3024@lakeread06:

> After an involuntary break of over a year I am just getting back into
> online racing. Broke out NASCAR Racing 2003 and GPL and bought a
> Saitek R440 Force Feedback wheel to replace the old red Logitech
> Formula Force that went to my son.
>
> Remembering how long it took me to trial-and-error my way to good
> force feedback setting when I first got the Logitech I would like some
> help in initial settings for the new Saitek R440. Anyone out there
> with the Saitek R440 give me some suggestions on what driver and
> in-game Force Feedback settings to use? I would be especially grateful
> for specific advice with NASCAR Racing 2003 and GPL.
>
> Any advice appreciated

hi,
i have the same wheel and use these settings for gpl, added in core.ini
file.

[ Joy ]
allow_force_feedback = 1 ; Use FF if device has it
force_feedback_latency = 0.085000 ; force feedback latency (secs)
force_feedback_damping = 35.000000 ; force feedback damping coefficient
max_steering_torque = 180.000000 ; steering torque in N*in giving max
device force

nr2003 is 100% strength in controller options, and nothing else.

in control panel i have 100 strength and nothing else,thats my personal
preference but seems ok for most games.
Nigel

Old December 27th 04, 05:03 AM
Joe

Thanks for the info. Saved a LOT of trial and error.

. 207...

Old December 27th 04, 09:53 PM
Rinda Lynn Ferguson

yeah, thanks to both of you, guys<bg>

I recently just got the same wheel...

this is going to help me out too...

8-D

RindaLynn

Old December 27th 04, 09:53 PM
Rinda Lynn Ferguson

Old December 28th 04, 08:24 PM
McWhom

"Joe" > wrote in message
newsYGyd.9738$jn.3024@lakeread06...
> After an involuntary break of over a year I am just getting back into

online
> racing. Broke out NASCAR Racing 2003 and GPL and bought a Saitek R440

Force
> Feedback wheel to replace the old red Logitech Formula Force that went to

my
> son.
>
> Remembering how long it took me to trial-and-error my way to good force
> feedback setting when I first got the Logitech I would like some help in
> initial settings for the new Saitek R440. Anyone out there with the Saitek
> R440 give me some suggestions on what driver and in-game Force Feedback
> settings to use? I would be especially grateful for specific advice with
> NASCAR Racing 2003 and GPL.
>
> Any advice appreciated

Wish I could add my input here. I recently lost my main drive to a
partition error and am looking for a way to recover the data. In any case I
used the logitech settings as a base and worked from there. came up with a
pretty resonable setup but ......

Sean