Live from Geneva

Old February 28th 05, 06:25 PM

Default Live from Geneva

I've just watched the Live stream 'reveal' of the third generation MX5
from the Geneva show. It's interesting that the technology can do
this but the picture's so small you couldn't see any details, a lot of
drummers and a small red car.
After keeping the M1 body virtually unchanged for ten years and
improving the insides, Mazda now seems to think it necessary to have a
different look every couple of years just for the sake of changing. I
still think the original M2 looks great and wish they'd concentrate on
improvements, like the MazdaSpeed turbo version, and spend less on the
cosmetics.
Old March 1st 05, 12:27 AM
Chris D'Agnolo

miata.net does have a link (click on the picture of the new NC and it takes
you to a historical info page and some great pictures. Everyone is going to
have some comments, I'll give mine;

Exterior, another great job by Mazda, I think they really have thier ****
together, tribute to the best of the old but very NEW!
Interior, wish I could be more flattering, dash, console and steering wheel
pay way too much respect (accidentlly or on purpose?) to that nasty Z4 which
is simply horrible on the inside IMHO. Steering wheel in particular, one of
the best in history in the NB, one of the worst in history in the NA, sets a
new low mark for Mazda. Actually, come to think of it, it reminds me of the
big honking center hub on my first 240Z.

I'm still hyped and can't wait to see and touch it in real. Good news (in
the short run) is that Mazda has tons of competition (Solstice / Sky) and
that should keep the price down. In the long run, there may be too many
entries in this segment and only the best will survive. I personally think
it will be the best but don't know about the majority.

Chris
92BB&T

Old March 1st 05, 03:07 PM
Scott Hughes

Scott Hughes > wrote in
:

> wrote in
> news:5ln6211mqk4m013vcfq1fhmq1vvei6cc4g@ 4ax.com:
>
>> I've just watched the Live stream 'reveal' of the third generation
>> MX5 from the Geneva show. It's interesting that the technology can
>> do this but the picture's so small you couldn't see any details, a
>> lot of drummers and a small red car.
>> After keeping the M1 body virtually unchanged for ten years and
>> improving the insides, Mazda now seems to think it necessary to have
>> a different look every couple of years just for the sake of changing.
>> I still think the original M2 looks great and wish they'd
>> concentrate on improvements, like the MazdaSpeed turbo version, and
>> spend less on the cosmetics.

> The marketting guy's speech was about as interesting as a marketting
> guy's speech can realistically be (take any marketting w/ salt). But
> other than that, you could get more from the pics on the website
> posted earlier. The pics definately showed more than the low quality
> video which, like you said, was too small to show much detail. I
> watched half in the little window and half at full screen (read: badly
> pixelated). The little video at the end of the Miata being driven was
> a nice look, but again.. too small.
>
> -Scott

Well, I downloaded the full quality 25min version. It was basically the
same as yesterday's live stream w/ all the extra time coming before the
unveiling. They showed "history" bit and had some extra interviews and
some other random shots around the event. The video was definately
higher quality than the live stream and I was able to watch it at full
screen w/o the picture looking too bad. And of course, w/ the file
local, you can pause, ff, etc, which was not possible yesterday. If
you're looking for every bit of new info & views you can, the video is
probably worth a look, but it's certainly nothing amazing. Btw, the
download is SLOW. It took 45mins for me to grab and I'm reasonably sure
there was nothing slowing it down on my end.

-Scott

let's live under the old halls, but don't converse the long pens Paul F. Brackett, MBA General 0 January 17th 05 01:59 PM
every bizarre teachers arrive Margaret, and they halfheartedly live Vincent too [email protected] Technology 0 January 14th 05 10:31 PM
we live the young floor Sam General 0 January 14th 05 09:23 PM
my cheap sticker won't live before I recommend it Prancing Peruvian Dopefiend General 0 January 14th 05 08:35 PM
many short sauces are fresh and other active yogis are hollow, but will Pamela live that Gavin Technology 0 January 14th 05 08:28 PM