Ford to debut safer 2010 Ranger

Old March 4th 09, 12:17 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_4_]

Default Ford to debut safer 2010 Ranger

"GILL" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:

>>> No... i've driven ford for the 15 years i've been driving.
>>>
>>> I've had a 1985 Crown Vic, 1989 Ford Mustang 4pot, 1987 F150, 1995 F150,
>>> 1992 Grand Marquis, 1993 Crown Vic, 1996 Crown vic, 2003 Grand marquis,
>>> 2002 ranger, and a 2008 F150.
>>>
>>> For someone who hates ford, i've had a few of them.
>>>
>>> Just been bit in the ass by a couple... the mustang and the ranger. No
>>> real reliability issues on the mustang, didn't have it long for other 4
>>> pot reasons.

>> Wait... wait...
>>
>> You had a 4-cylinder Mustang, and you didn't like it?
>>
>> Yeah. Blame Ford.
>>
>> )
>>

> He said it was a 4 pot, some kind of stove or something. Maybe he thought
> there is a safer 2010 Range.

My bad. I thought we were discussing cars.

Well, then, if it's stoves, I can happily recommend gas over electric. The
hybrids are untested, and the support infrastructure isn't quite there yet.

dwight

Old March 4th 09, 06:03 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jack[_20_]

dwight wrote:

> You had a 4-cylinder Mustang, and you didn't like it?

Wait a minute!

You are saying anybody would want a 4-cyl. Mustang?

My '65 Fast Back with the 289 V8 was one of my three favorites in
50 years' worth of cars--wish I still had it. But a 4-cyl? I never
saw anyone but young secretary-types driving one. Were they that
economical?

Jack
Old March 4th 09, 08:49 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Picasso

dwight wrote:

> "Picasso" > wrote in message
>> Dave D wrote:
>>>
>>> If you dislike Ford so very much, why are you here???? You sound like
>>> you've got your head screwed on like a figure in one of your
>>> namesake's paintings.
>>>
>>> DaveD

>> No... i've driven ford for the 15 years i've been driving.
>>
>> I've had a 1985 Crown Vic, 1989 Ford Mustang 4pot, 1987 F150, 1995
>> F150, 1992 Grand Marquis, 1993 Crown Vic, 1996 Crown vic, 2003 Grand
>> marquis, 2002 ranger, and a 2008 F150.
>>
>> For someone who hates ford, i've had a few of them.
>>
>> Just been bit in the ass by a couple... the mustang and the ranger.
>> No real reliability issues on the mustang, didn't have it long for
>> other 4 pot reasons.

> Wait... wait...
>
> You had a 4-cylinder Mustang, and you didn't like it?
>
> Yeah. Blame Ford.
>
> )

haha, I don't blame ford for that one ;P i only kept that one summer
and a month in to the school year... it was cool to have a car... but as
soon as any one got close to the mustang and saw the 4 banger the
coolness went away... ;P

The crown vic 2 door was a real machine though... grey, black vinyl top,
with the spoke hubcaps... MAN :P
Old March 4th 09, 08:50 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Picasso

Jack wrote:
> dwight wrote:
>

>> You had a 4-cylinder Mustang, and you didn't like it?

> Wait a minute!
>
> You are saying anybody would want a 4-cyl. Mustang?
>
> My '65 Fast Back with the 289 V8 was one of my three favorites in 50
> years' worth of cars--wish I still had it. But a 4-cyl? I never saw
> anyone but young secretary-types driving one. Were they that economical?
>

> Jack

The bigger question is, why would anybody make a 4 cyl mustang ;P

Old March 5th 09, 12:11 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_4_]

"Jack" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:
>

>> You had a 4-cylinder Mustang, and you didn't like it?

> Wait a minute!
>
> You are saying anybody would want a 4-cyl. Mustang?
>
> My '65 Fast Back with the 289 V8 was one of my three favorites in 50
> years' worth of cars--wish I still had it. But a 4-cyl? I never saw anyone
> but young secretary-types driving one. Were they that economical?
>

> Jack

Apparently, lots of folks wanted a four-cylinder Mustang. But, please, when
buying a four-cylinder Mustang, one should expect nothing more than ...
well, a four-cylinder Mustang. If I'm not mistaken, Picasso's underpowered
1989 model probably had the same four cylinders that powered the Escort, but
in a bulkier, heavier body.

I bought my daughter a 1988 convertible, four-cylinder/stick, and I bought
it precisely because I knew it didn't have the power to get her into
trouble. Little did I know that that little pig was going to become my
spare. I sold it off for the first $1,000 that came my way and bought myself
a '93 GT convertible to take its place.

I can't tell you how many people have talked to me about "the car that got
away," the one they still wish they had. I don't have that problem, since
I've owned a series of disappointments up to 1993.

dwight
www.tfrog.com

Old March 5th 09, 08:22 AM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dave D

"Picasso" > wrote in message
> dwight wrote:

///snipped///
> haha, I don't blame ford for that one ;P i only kept that one summer and
> a month in to the school year... it was cool to have a car... but as soon
> as any one got close to the mustang and saw the 4 banger the coolness went
> away... ;P
>
> The crown vic 2 door was a real machine though... grey, black vinyl top,
> with the spoke hubcaps... MAN :P

My first Crown was 1956. Had a big, wide chrome strip that ran up over the
top. Had a 292 (IIRC) been too many years. Then I defected to MOPAR until
the USAF sent me to Germany and England for a spell. Then it was a 1978 F150
with a 429PI to replace the 400. Now a 1994 F250 7.3L IDI Diesel and a 2004
F350 6.0L Diesel. The only complaint I had with Ford was the Cortina I had
while in England. I spent more time under it than in it...

DaveD

Old March 8th 09, 01:16 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Picasso

dwight wrote:

> "Jack" > wrote in message
>> dwight wrote:
>>

>>> You had a 4-cylinder Mustang, and you didn't like it?

>> Wait a minute!
>>
>> You are saying anybody would want a 4-cyl. Mustang?
>>
>> My '65 Fast Back with the 289 V8 was one of my three favorites in 50
>> years' worth of cars--wish I still had it. But a 4-cyl? I never saw
>> anyone but young secretary-types driving one. Were they that economical?
>>

>> Jack

> Apparently, lots of folks wanted a four-cylinder Mustang. But, please,
> when buying a four-cylinder Mustang, one should expect nothing more than
> ... well, a four-cylinder Mustang. If I'm not mistaken, Picasso's
> underpowered 1989 model probably had the same four cylinders that
> powered the Escort, but in a bulkier, heavier body.
>
> I bought my daughter a 1988 convertible, four-cylinder/stick, and I
> bought it precisely because I knew it didn't have the power to get her
> into trouble. Little did I know that that little pig was going to become
> my spare. I sold it off for the first $1,000 that came my way and bought
> myself a '93 GT convertible to take its place.
>
> I can't tell you how many people have talked to me about "the car that
> got away," the one they still wish they had. I don't have that problem,
> since I've owned a series of disappointments up to 1993.
>
> dwight
> www.tfrog.com

oh there is not enough power to get you in trouble thats for sure.

And nothing to rave about on fuel economy either... I should have kept
the 1985 crown vic with the 302... it was delivering comparable city
mileage and better highway mileage than the rustang...

Oh yes, mine had the notorious rusty trunk lid

But the 1984 mustang GT would be my car that got away...
Old March 8th 09, 01:17 PM posted to alt.autos.ford,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Picasso

Dave D wrote:
> "Picasso" > wrote in message
>> dwight wrote:

> ///snipped///
>> haha, I don't blame ford for that one ;P i only kept that one summer and
>> a month in to the school year... it was cool to have a car... but as soon
>> as any one got close to the mustang and saw the 4 banger the coolness went
>> away... ;P
>>
>> The crown vic 2 door was a real machine though... grey, black vinyl top,
>> with the spoke hubcaps... MAN :P

> My first Crown was 1956. Had a big, wide chrome strip that ran up over the
> top. Had a 292 (IIRC) been too many years. Then I defected to MOPAR until
> the USAF sent me to Germany and England for a spell. Then it was a 1978 F150
> with a 429PI to replace the 400. Now a 1994 F250 7.3L IDI Diesel and a 2004
> F350 6.0L Diesel. The only complaint I had with Ford was the Cortina I had
> while in England. I spent more time under it than in it...
>
> DaveD

I will look up the European model.

I actually have a 1956 ford mainline that was inherited.

272 3 speed column shift. All original now, needs a bit of interior
work... as its coming apart at the seams...

nice driving car though.