I have found a half dozen(maybe more) 36 HP engines complete

Old March 1st 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default I have found a half dozen(maybe more) 36 HP engines complete

I found these motors by accident when I stopped to ask about an Edsel
car, they have been sitting undercover waiting for someone to bring
them back to life, some are as old as 1950(serial number 0169947) and
there are floorpans and transaxles too.

I put an add on Samba, but nobody replied, surely someone wants them.
Contact me if you want something. this stuff
is located near Lake Tahoe, Nevada.

Old March 1st 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I just don't know why all of the good stuff always has to be so far away.

oups.com...

Old March 1st 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:30:16 GMT, "Packrat46"
> scribbled this interesting note:

> wrote in message
roups.com...
>>I found these motors by accident when I stopped to ask about an Edsel
>> car, they have been sitting undercover waiting for someone to bring
>> them back to life, some are as old as 1950(serial number 0169947) and
>> there are floorpans and transaxles too.
>>
>> I put an add on Samba, but nobody replied, surely someone wants them.
>> Contact me if you want something. this stuff
>> is located near Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
>>

>I just don't know why all of the good stuff always has to be so far away.

It isn't. I've got three 36hp engines waiting for me to tear into
them!

BTW, why would a person ask about an Edsel?

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old March 1st 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

John Willis wrote:
> BTW, why would a person ask about an Edsel?

The Edsel has a unique place in automotive history. Compare the '58
Edsel's styling to mid-'70s Pontiacs... the horse-collar grille was
resurrected. Edsel Ranger, Criterion, Pacer and Corsair model features
included control buttons on the steering wheel (Teletouch shifting),
"Check Engine" light (came on if crankcase oil dropped to a quart low),
low fuel warning light and remote trunk release... novelties in '58 but
commonplace today. Edsel may have been a "no-go" -- but that was
probably because it was just a little too advanced for the 1958-60
marketplace. Remember, '58 also saw Nash-Rambler dealers cutting
factory-installed seatbelts out of cars because buyers didn't want
them.

Jim
http://vwfilms.net

Old March 2nd 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

There was a good joke going around back in the days of the Edsel's. This guy
came home one day and his wife was setting out on the front porch with her
legs up on the railing and he started laughing and just could not quit. When
she asked him what was so funny he said that with her setting that way she
looked like one of the new Edsels.

ups.com...