ANTIQUE CAR- 1980 AMC SPIRIT

Old June 16th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

Default ANTIQUE CAR- 1980 AMC SPIRIT

Posted by: Goin4Coffee
Date: June 16, 2006 12:47PM

Antique: 1980 AMC SPIRIT--Rare

Father-In-Law is selling his car;

Licenced & Inspected. (insp runs out end of July)
Good Solid car- Pale yellow-
has a few ""minor"" blisters. paint has a "few" faded areas
Original Owner, Well Maintained, This was his everyday car, until last week.
ALWAYS garaged, Everything is original on this car, and EVERTHING Works.
Recent Brakes replaced, Windshield, 2 Brand New front Tires, (last month)
also winter tires and various parts included.
No Smoke, or Leaks. All glass is perfect. Emergency Park Brake works.
All lights and Accessories work.
Starts everytime. Exceptional at fluid & filter changes,Plugs, etc..
All regular maintenance and then some. Battery is approx 4 yrs old.
To restore to "Mint Original" would be minor blister, and a fresh paint.-

--------Great for a Collector-------

1980 AMC Spirit,
2-door hatchback, Automatic
2.5- 4 cyl.. original Engine Approx 300,000K
Interior is IMMACULATE. (Black& wood grain inplaces),
carpet is black also.
No dash splits or cracks, original AM Radio,
Louver inside back hatch. with lots of space
rear seats flip down for extra storage.

I am Including a link for pictures,.
[s68.photobucket.com]?
Be advised they are awful pictures,(Camera's Fault)
This is the second camera broke in the last month.

He has requested no Tire Kickers.., or Insulting offers., this was his Only
vehicle since 1981.
Any additional information I may have forgotten: asking $5000. Reasonable
Negotiating.

..***(reminder, please be considerate they are seniors)***

--- Please Call: Dave - 506-696-3296--
(if no answer)
you can email me
or you could call me Anytime. 506-696-5881,
Thanks for reading

Old June 19th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

Robin Banks wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:04:33 GMT, "Goin4coffee" > wrote:
>
> > Antique: 1980 AMC SPIRIT--Rare

> Antique? Rare? <muffled laughter>
>
> --
> ~~R.Banks

I think that the asking price has the decimal point misplaced one digit
to the right. $500 would be more realistic...

JT
Old June 20th 06, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

Robin Banks wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 01:53:02 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire
> > wrote:
>
> > I think that the asking price has the decimal point misplaced one digit
> > to the right. $500 would be more realistic...

> <laugh> Sounds more like it!
>
> It never fails to amaze me how some people think that the "25+ years old
> equals antique" rule for means that any car 25 or more years old is worth
> something.
>
> Of course, I'm becoming an "old fart" at only 47, so I rarely consider any car
> newer than 1971 is a "classic" or any car newer than 1960 an "antique". (Then
> again, both my "classic" cars are older than I am.)
>
> I've got to go yell at the kids to get off my lawn now. Hrmph.

It's weird all right.

A couple of years ago when the gas price absurdity began, I had the
opportunity to purchase a pair of 2nd generation Honda Civics, a 1982
parts car and a 1983 FE with excellent Texas body but disassembled
engine. I recently got the '83 running and have been pestered with
offers to sell it.

I remember ten plus year old 1st generation Honda Civics that could be
had for a couple hundred bucks but no longer. Those suckers are
bringing at least $2K for a decent running example on eBay.

I have no intention on maintaining authenticity but I sure love the long
periods of time between "fill ups" at the local gas station...

JT
Old June 22nd 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.autos.antique

Hey Robin and Grumpy, Thanks for your opinion that I didn't ask for, I'll
have you know, you still have a lot of growing up to do. I' ve Been around
antiques & classic's all my life I believe everyone has their own opinion
and be that as it may, the gent that has this car takes care of vehicles
better than most people do for their everyday cars.
This ad was posted for him with his words. you think 60's & 70's are worth
something.., think again also.. Unless your name happens to be Barrett or
Jackson, please don't waste my time or flack on this old guy's post.. And so
you say @ 47.well now., my Coupe is a 37....soo uh 1958or 59.,.,sounds,..
like he has more than a Few years on you.no doubt has clothes older. Honda
Civics... lmao.., get a grip we had a 78 way back when .. enough is enough.
He has decided he wants to sell the car not bicker about people's opinions.
Yeah go chase the kids..,

Old June 27th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.antique

If you overprice a car for sale in the newsgroups you're bound to catch
hell.

Go to www.nadaguides.com
You'll find the price for that car tops out at a little over $2000.

Nice little AMC, but that's all it's worth.

Too bad it's got that crummy imported motor in it and not the AMC 6.

Ken D.

Old July 15th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Goin4coffee wrote:

Whiny junk snipped

.. Honda
> Civics... lmao.., get a grip we had a 78 way back when .. enough is enough.
> He has decided he wants to sell the car not bicker about people's opinions.
> Yeah go chase the kids..,

Before you shoot off without aiming, check out what 1st & 2nd generation
Civics go for on ebay.

Oh, and my oldest vehicle is a '31...

JT
Old September 16th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Delbert

IS A 1980 REALLY AN ANTIQUE??????

Old September 17th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
betrtimes

Delbert wrote:
> IS A 1980 REALLY AN ANTIQUE??????

you can get an antique plate for it in my state.... over 25 years old

Old September 19th 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.antique
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Heh... Depends on how one would want to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the truth. The
guv'ment generally will say yes but my innards say no...

<G>

JT