gas mileage around town

Old March 25th 05, 05:38 PM
vman

Default gas mileage around town

What do you daily drivers get for gas mileage around town? I'm just
curious. Ballpark numbers are fine. It has no bearing on any car
purchase.
Old March 25th 05, 06:42 PM
Tom

As so eloquently stated:

> What do you daily drivers get for gas mileage around town? I'm just
> curious. Ballpark numbers are fine. It has no bearing on any car
> purchase.

Any particular model?

My '93 averages 19mpg around town and 22mpg highway. I do have a bit of a
lead foot though.

--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau

"The original point and click interface is a Smith and Wesson"
Old March 25th 05, 07:52 PM
Ken

I have an '05, and I get a combined 21. I don't get on it too much, but I
think that is very respectable with a 400hp engine.
Ken

Old March 26th 05, 12:34 AM
Grayfox

My 1993 gets about 16mpg for very very local stop and go driving..hiway
varies..about 21-25mpg if I drive with care.

Old March 26th 05, 01:11 AM
JOEVET

my '86 only gets around 13mpg around town.

Old March 26th 05, 03:26 AM
dave

1970 BB , 540 h.p. 4 speed -- gets 11 mpg around town and 13.5 on the
hwy. Doesnt matter till gasoline goes to over $5.00 per gallon. Dont
drive more than 2500 miles per year with it.

Old March 26th 05, 04:26 AM
Scubabix

96 LT1 auto 19 average. 78 L48 alot less

Rob

Old March 26th 05, 07:11 PM
TF

04 coupe ~ 18 city, on & off short hwy
Haven't check lonh hwy trip yet.
TF

Old March 27th 05, 04:17 AM
aRKay

01 Six-Speed Coupe - 17 mpg in town and 29 on highway. It will
do 30 mpg with cruise control on 75 on an Intestate. My 79 El Camino wth
a 305 gets 10 highway and 10 city.

Old March 27th 05, 04:28 PM
Bob G.

>In article >, vman wrote:
>
>> What do you daily drivers get for gas mileage around town? I'm just
>> curious. Ballpark numbers are fine. It has no bearing on any car
>> purchase.

============
Interesting question since last evenings Local Paper had an article
written by Mark Phelan (Knight Ridder Newspapers) so I assume many
also saw it...

" Defroster and Air-conditioning put dent in Hybrids mileage..."

In the real world... when you absolutely need the defroster or the
Air Conditioning.. In actual on the road real life tests ..(done
from late summer thru the winter)

The Prius ...got a whopping 22.8 mpg which is a long long way from
its rated 60 mpg city..and 51 mph highway....
The Ford Escape racked up a respectable ( 21.6 mpg )... not bad since
it rated at 36 & 31
The Accord with its electric motor racked up 20.4 mpg (rated as 29 &
37)...

Guess I will not complain when I fill the fuel tank of the my
vehicles... The wives Min Van SUCKS Gas to the tune of about 18 mpg
20 percent worst then the Pirus...

Bet there are a hell of a lot of tree huggers ****ed because their
gasoline bill is a little higher then they though...

Bob Griffiths
68 SS 396 Chevelle
64 & 72 Corvette Rag tops
76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes...