Any way to let the tailgate not open that much?

Old February 28th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Yong Huang

Default Any way to let the tailgate not open that much?

My new Odyssey can open the tailgate (trunk) all the way up to higher
than the roof. It touches the top frame of my garage door. Is there a
way to restrict th tailgate from opening that far? Thanks.

Yong Huang
yong321 @ yahoo.com
Old February 29th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Yong Huang wrote:
> My new Odyssey can open the tailgate (trunk) all the way up to higher
> than the roof. It touches the top frame of my garage door. Is there a
> way to restrict th tailgate from opening that far? Thanks.
>
> Yong Huang
> yong321 @ yahoo.com

---------------------------

:-) Put ramps under the front wheels or reduce air pressure in rear
tires. Nothing else _easy_ comes to mind. Is it an electric one on the
new model? I have an old '98 Odyssey.

'Curly'
Old February 29th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

motsco_ wrote:
> Yong Huang wrote:
>> My new Odyssey can open the tailgate (trunk) all the way up to higher
>> than the roof. It touches the top frame of my garage door. Is there a
>> way to restrict th tailgate from opening that far? Thanks.
>>
>> Yong Huang
>> yong321 @ yahoo.com

> ---------------------------
>
> :-) Put ramps under the front wheels or reduce air pressure in rear
> tires. Nothing else _easy_ comes to mind.

c'mon dude, string is _easy_ and comes to mind...

Old February 29th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Yong Huang

On Feb 28, 11:24 pm, jim beam > wrote:
> motsco_ wrote:
> > Yong Huang wrote:
> >> My new Odyssey can open the tailgate (trunk) all the way up to higher
> >> than the roof. It touches the top frame of my garage. Is there a
> >> way to restrict th tailgate from opening that far? Thanks.

> >> Yong Huang
> >>yong321@ yahoo.com

> > ---------------------------

> > :-) Put ramps under the front wheels or reduce air pressure in rear
> > tires. Nothing else _easy_ comes to mind.

> c'mon dude, string is _easy_ and comes to mind...
>
> > Is it an electric one on the
> > new model? I have an old '98 Odyssey.

> > 'Curly'

Mine is not electric. A string sounds like a good idea. But I decided
to glue some paper board on the garage frame (I said garage door
earlier. I was wrong). The tailgate touches that board but it's kind
of soft so no damage is done.

Yong Huang
Old February 29th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth[_2_]

"Yong Huang" > wrote in message
> On Feb 28, 11:24 pm, jim beam > wrote:
>> motsco_ wrote:

>> > ---------------------------

>> > :-) Put ramps under the front wheels or reduce air pressure in rear
>> > tires. Nothing else _easy_ comes to mind.

>> c'mon dude, string is _easy_ and comes to mind...
>>
>> > Is it an electric one on the
>> > new model? I have an old '98 Odyssey.

> Mine is not electric. A string sounds like a good idea. But I decided
> to glue some paper board on the garage frame (I said garage door
> earlier. I was wrong). The tailgate touches that board but it's kind
> of soft so no damage is done.

I used pipe insulation wrapped around a 1x2 that I then screwed into place.

Old February 29th 08, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Seth wrote:

>> Mine is not electric. A string sounds like a good idea. But I decided
>> to glue some paper board on the garage frame (I said garage door
>> earlier. I was wrong). The tailgate touches that board but it's kind
>> of soft so no damage is done.

> I used pipe insulation wrapped around a 1x2 that I then screwed into place.

Yep, for $1.99 I keep chopping up chunks of foam 'Pool Noodle' and using
it to protect things I don't want bashed up, like when I tie my ladder
to my roof rack. It's super cheap and comes in several ghastly colors.

'Curly'

'95 sw2 tailgate latch Dave[_41_] Saturn 0 June 6th 07 08:24 PM
TT tailgate creak Martin Smith Audi 0 June 4th 06 04:30 PM
Stiff Tailgate? rljames Jeep 8 February 26th 06 12:14 AM
Tailgate cannot open drdecker Dodge 2 July 22nd 05 09:52 PM
E39 tailgate corrosion Narin Ganesh BMW 2 June 21st 05 10:37 AM