Bluetooth charging

Old January 5th 08, 07:42 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Me[_10_]

Default Bluetooth charging

The bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power
socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and thereafter.
The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair
enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.

Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with the
key in the ignition.

thanks
dj

Old January 5th 08, 02:11 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
dave AKA vwdoc1

you could add another power outlet that is always live!

I would say that it is safe to plug in after the car is started.

Old January 5th 08, 02:58 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike

On 5 Jan, 07:42, "Me" > wrote:
> The bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power
> socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and thereafter.
> The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair
> enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.
>
> Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with the
> key in the ignition.
>
> thanks
> dj

I've never seen a cigarette lighter socket that wasn't live whilst the
engine was running!

Mike
Old January 5th 08, 03:01 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Robert[_1_]

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 07:42:20 +0000, Me wrote:

> The bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power
> socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and thereafter.
> The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair
> enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.
>
> Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with the
> key in the ignition.

Quick answer is YES

Long answer, they want you to unplug to avoid and damage to the charger
while starting. After car is started power is constant so plugging in
after start is OK.

--

Regards
Robert

Smile... it increases your face value!
Linux User #296285
http://counter.li.org

Old January 5th 08, 03:02 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Black_RS4[_3_]

you're safe to plug it in after the car has started. Less strain on the
battery too.

--
Black_RS4
Black_RS4's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=945

Old January 5th 08, 11:20 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Rich G

"Mike" > wrote in message
> On 5 Jan, 07:42, "Me" > wrote:
>> The bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power
>> socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and
>> thereafter.
>> The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair
>> enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.
>>
>> Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with
>> the
>> key in the ignition.
>>
>> thanks
>> dj

> I've never seen a cigarette lighter socket that wasn't live whilst the
> engine was running!

B5 A4 is live without the key in the ignition !

Richard

Old January 6th 08, 07:10 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
"Me" > wrote:

> The bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power
> socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and thereafter.
> The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair
> enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.
>
> Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with the
> key in the ignition.
>
> thanks
> dj

Normal imperfections in starter motors produce high frequency power
spikes that blow cheap 12V adaptors to bits. Most cars turn off the 12V
jacks off while you crank the engine. If yours doesn't do that, simply
unplug the 12V adaptor for the moment it takes you to start the car.

--
I don't read Google's spam. Reply with another service.
Old January 6th 08, 10:31 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mike

On 5 Jan, 23:20, "Rich G" > wrote:
> "Mike" > wrote in message

> > On 5 Jan, 07:42, "Me" > wrote:
> >> The bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power
> >> socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and
> >> thereafter.
> >> The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair
> >> enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.

> >> Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with
> >> the
> >> key in the ignition.

> >> thanks
> >> dj

> > I've never seen a cigarette lighter socket that wasn't live whilst the
> > engine was running!

> B5 A4 is live without the key in the ignition !

Many of the cars I've owned inc my B5 are live all the time except
when starting. I've had at least one that was only live when running
(VW polo) but none that wasn't live whilst the engine was running.

Mike
Old January 10th 08, 06:04 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Yes Baby

"Me" > wrote in message
> The bluetooth headset I purchased has a 12v car charger only. The power
> socket in my car is only live when the key is at position 1 and
> thereafter.
> The manual says unplug the charger when starting the car, which is fair
> enough, but am I safe to plug it in after the car has started.
>
> Otherwise charging can only be carried out when the car is parked with the
> key in the ignition.
>
> thanks
> dj

thanks all, I just unplug during start.

Bluetooth Marissa BMW 3 December 28th 06 04:08 PM
Bluetooth [email protected] BMW 3 March 26th 06 06:33 PM
Bluetooth on 147 gta Nino Sassu Alfa Romeo 3 March 21st 06 11:10 AM
Bluetooth Help Preet Patel BMW 0 December 30th 05 08:04 PM
E65/E66 Bluetooth available?? Paul Aspinall BMW 1 February 12th 05 11:57 PM