question on the clumsy Audi DVD Navigation Plus ...

Old October 20th 07, 11:24 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Giovanni Azua

Default question on the clumsy Audi DVD Navigation Plus ...

hi all,

I bought a new Audi TT 2008 and included as an option the DVD Navigation
Plus with iPod adapter, what a mistake!

The problem is that when you connect the iPod you have to switch to CD
changer and then it "sees" the iPod as a CD changer BUT you can not see
the playlist names nor even the song names, so if you have 30GB of music it
does really becomes problematic.

I discovered that if you take the iPod out and select the playlist you want,
play
and connect it to the iPod adapter then the Navigation player will make such
playlist the current. This is very ackward and clumsy to say the least, I
don't
know if in US it is the same but it really sucks here in Europe.

Does anyone know an adapter or piece of logical technology that will make
possible navigating the iPod playlists from the Audi DVD Navigation System
directly?

It should be a shame for Audi in the year 2007 delivering such clumsy
product
that besides costs like 5 grands CHF here in Switzerland while for 800CHF
you can get a super-dupy Tom-Tom that will even reads the news for you

TIA,
regards,
Giovanni

Old October 21st 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie

In article >,
"Giovanni Azua" > wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I bought a new Audi TT 2008 and included as an option the DVD Navigation
> Plus with iPod adapter, what a mistake!
>
> The problem is that when you connect the iPod you have to switch to CD
> changer and then it "sees" the iPod as a CD changer BUT you can not see
> the playlist names nor even the song names, so if you have 30GB of music it
> does really becomes problematic.
>
> I discovered that if you take the iPod out and select the playlist you want,
> play
> and connect it to the iPod adapter then the Navigation player will make such
> playlist the current. This is very ackward and clumsy to say the least, I
> don't
> know if in US it is the same but it really sucks here in Europe.
>
> Does anyone know an adapter or piece of logical technology that will make
> possible navigating the iPod playlists from the Audi DVD Navigation System
> directly?
>
> It should be a shame for Audi in the year 2007 delivering such clumsy
> product
> that besides costs like 5 grands CHF here in Switzerland while for 800CHF
> you can get a super-dupy Tom-Tom that will even reads the news for you
>
> TIA,
> regards,
> Giovanni

Forget the iPod adaptor. I have embarrassing "Bose" logos on my A3
system and embarrassing sound quality to match.

My favorite sound system option in a car would be standard headunit and
speaker mounts so I can install whatever crazy system I want. Music is
a very personal thing but it's the one part of a car that you're not
allowed to customize any more.