Spray on bedliner inside a geo tracker?

Old May 19th 04, 07:18 PM
Kevin

Can the rocker panel texturing spray be applied over the sound damping
material? Will the dogs nails also scratch through this? The sound damping
material is a sheet around 1/8" thick with the consistency of tar or soft
rubber. It does not look easy to remove.

"Refinish King" > wrote in message
> A name brand rubberized like:
>
> 3-M or Keystone. Maybe those would work, but the dogs nails would scratch

it
> to the soft underpart. How about this?
>
> Try Rocker Panel Texturing Spray, it's harder than rubberized

undercoating,
> will not be scratched by the dog's nails, and is almost like a bed liner
> product. At a lot less cost!
>
> Just make sure to scuff everything up with red Scotch Brite pads, and make
> sure there is no shine at all!
>
> Refinish King
>

> "Kevin" > wrote in message
> > Thanks, I have another question.
> >
> > A salesperson at Autozone recommended using a rubberized undercoating

> rather
> > than herculiner if I didn't want to scrape out the sound damper. He

> thought
> > the flexible undercoat would work better on top of the tar like sound
> > damping material than the herculiner type product would.
> >
> > Has anyone used undercoating as a 'bedliner type' application? I won't

be
> > needing the protection from heavy useage that a typical bedliner

provides.
> > I would only need something that will protect from very light use (such

as
> > packing the dogs, bikes, camping gear.) I thought that undercoating was
> > sticky and crumbled after a few years. Is this correct?
> >

> > "Kevin" > wrote in message
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I was wondering if any has used the spray on bedliner for a jeep-type
> > > application. I would like to pull the carpet from my '97 geo tracker

> and
> > > replace it with one of the DIY paint on bedliner products. I have a

few
> > > questions:
> > >
> > > 1. Has anyone done this in a Geo (I have seen a few jeeps do this)?

If
> > so,
> > > could you please let me know what to look out for when doing this.
> > > 2. Is there a product that can be applied over the factory sound

> dampening
> > > material or must this material be removed?
> > > 3. If the sound dampening must be removed, what is the best way to do

> > this?
> > > It sticks like a son of a gun!
> > > 4. Which product would you recommend?
> > >
> > > The local Rhino liner and Line-X shops are quoting between 550-750

> > (assuming
> > > I pull everything and remove the sound damping material). One shop

will

Tracker emissions - Help! Mark 4x4 4 May 1st 04 12:14 PM
Guess I answered my own question on Chevy Tracker MPG Iowa883 4x4 0 February 15th 04 05:00 AM