basic chemistry questions for tegger

Old October 30th 11, 01:48 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

Default basic chemistry questions for tegger

On 10/29/2011 05:38 PM, Bret wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:21:56 -0700, jim beam wrote:

>>> You have made an error, how does it feel

>> i dunno - how does it feel to be hiding behind mommy's skirts by not
>> substantiating your allegation?

> I thought it would be more constructive for you to find your own error.

based on some of your past performances, you probably think "legitimate"
is spelled wrong.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old October 30th 11, 01:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Let me try to guess what his error is.
He states that the solubility of CaCO3 increases with temperature but
that is not always true.
It's solubility is determined by the amount of CO2 present, the higher
the CO2 content the more soluble CaCO3 is but like most gases the
solubility of CO2 in water decreases with temperature.
Therefore we have a trade off at a certain temperature where calcium
carbonate becomes less soluble with temp increase.
That's why you're more likely to see scale in hot water pipes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium...g_CO2_pressure
Engineman

Old October 30th 11, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 10/29/2011 06:56 PM, wrote:

>>> I thought it would be more constructive for you to find your own error.

>> based on some of your past performances, you probably think "legitimate"
>> is spelled wrong.
>>
>> --
>> nomina rutrum rutrum

> Let me try to guess what his error is.
> He states that the solubility of CaCO3 increases with temperature but
> that is not always true.
> It's solubility is determined by the amount of CO2 present, the higher
> the CO2 content the more soluble CaCO3 is but like most gases the
> solubility of CO2 in water decreases with temperature.
> Therefore we have a trade off at a certain temperature where calcium
> carbonate becomes less soluble with temp increase.
> That's why you're more likely to see scale in hot water pipes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium...g_CO2_pressure
> Engineman

but it's not an open system - you can't just buffer in and out from
atmospheric.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum
Old October 30th 11, 07:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bret[_2_]

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 18:56:36 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

> Let me try to guess what his error is.
> He states that the solubility of CaCO3 increases with temperature but
> that is not always true.
> It's solubility is determined by the amount of CO2 present, the higher
> the CO2 content the more soluble CaCO3 is but like most gases the
> solubility of CO2 in water decreases with temperature.
> Therefore we have a trade off at a certain temperature where calcium
> carbonate becomes less soluble with temp increase.
> That's why you're more likely to see scale in hot water pipes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium...g_CO2_pressure
> Engineman

2 errors then.

>>> I thought it would be more constructive for you to find your own error.

>> based on some of your past performances, you probably think "legitimate"
>> is spelled wrong.
>>
>> --
>> nomina rutrum rutrum

Basic Engine Questions VW Bug Auto Stick Noice87 VW air cooled 5 April 12th 06 02:04 AM
Two very basic 4x4 questions (Scout 80) [email protected] 4x4 5 December 5th 05 08:39 AM
Thank You Tegger chefkojak Honda 2 July 27th 05 05:41 PM
TeGGeR's appraisal: TeGGeR makes a boo-boo TeGGeR® Honda 7 July 7th 05 04:54 AM
basic questions--cooling system E39 Jim Levie BMW 0 September 17th 04 11:54 PM