VW enthusiasts take care of their own

Old August 12th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

Default VW enthusiasts take care of their own

hey folks....Not sure how many of you read other forums, specifically
Volksrodder.com. One of the members there has had a couple rough years with
his wife....She has cystic fibrosis and is at a point in her life that she
should have already sucombed to the disease.... she is set to have a double
lung transplant and a liver transplant. The fine folks at Volksrodder have
set up a "raffle" to benefit Nathanial and Patti Prince. not sure if anyone
is interested in buying "tickets" but thought i would post the information.
I know some here do read the forum, and figure some don't....the raffle
prize will be a professional rendition of your car(or your dream vw) by Eric
Black. His work has been fetured in magazines in the past and there are some
samples posted at Volksrodders....

here is a thread that has been going on for quite some time from
"bigguy"(Nathanial Prince) about his wife and updates on her condition....i
have seen this thread for a long time and never took the time to read it...
when I did, i felt pretty bad about not reading it....
http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4385
in the forum index there are actually several auctions, and such going on
for the benefit of these fine folks, and they all say something to let you
know they are for Patti Prince. Not trying to solicit donations or anything
like that, guys, just letting those that would like to help some others
out(and get something for it) know about this

here is the raffle thread, complete with instructions and samples of Eric
Black's work. the raffle ends on August 16th.
http://www.volksrods.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12141

Thanks guys for taking the time to read my post

Chris

Old August 12th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
j[_1_]

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> hey folks....Not sure how many of you read other forums, specifically
> Volksrodder.com. One of the members there has had a couple rough years
> with his wife....She has cystic fibrosis

Chris - touch base with me offline at john at stafford dot net

I will help out.

Old August 12th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
j[_1_]

oops. Never mind, Chris. I figured it out.

Very cool forum.

Old August 12th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"j" > wrote in message
> oops. Never mind, Chris. I figured it out.
>
> Very cool forum.

very cool group of guys and gals over there....i don't post much (four posts
in a couple years i think) but read reguarly....tight group of folks over
there, i'm impressed with how they have pulled together to help out one of
their own.... no different than the long timers here a RAMVA would do for
one of their own, i suspect...

Old August 12th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
j[_1_]

> very cool group of guys and gals over there....i don't post much (four
> posts in a couple years i think) but read reguarly....tight group of folks
> over there, i'm impressed with how they have pulled together to help out
> one of their own.... no different than the long timers here a RAMVA would
> do for one of their own, i suspect...

That site is great. I am hugely tempted to chop the pristine '72 Standard.
You probably know I was a Harley chopper builder for forty years. Nothing is
sacred!

I'll join you over there, Chris.

The young lady in dire need of a transplant has my full attention.

Old August 13th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"j" > wrote in message
> That site is great. I am hugely tempted to chop the pristine '72

Standard.
> You probably know I was a Harley chopper builder for forty years. Nothing
> is sacred!
>
> I'll join you over there, Chris.
>
> The young lady in dire need of a transplant has my full attention.

you see the cover of the new Hot vw's? a volksrod built by KCW was cover
car....not a bad ride...

Old August 13th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
j[_1_]

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote:

> you see the cover of the new Hot vw's? a volksrod built by KCW was cover
> car....not a bad ride...

Very cool, Chris. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me going. Thank you.

Old August 13th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Sneaks

"j" > wrote in message
> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote:
>
>> you see the cover of the new Hot vw's? a volksrod built by KCW was cover
>> car....not a bad ride...

> Very cool, Chris. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me going. Thank
> you.

Uggggggggggggggggggggggg

One of the few reasons I hate my state....fenders required.

Grrrrr.

I'd rod the '68 if I could strip off the fenders.

Damnit.

Sneaks
'68 T1

Old August 13th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Sneaks" > wrote in message
. ..

> Uggggggggggggggggggggggg
>
> One of the few reasons I hate my state....fenders required.
>
> Grrrrr.
>
> I'd rod the '68 if I could strip off the fenders.
>
> Damnit.
>
> Sneaks
> '68 T1

we have fender requirements here too....doesn't stop the 30's modelford's
and chevy's from running open wheeled.... classic cars tend to get away with
it more due to them not being everyday drivers...

Old August 13th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Sneaks

> "Sneaks" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
>> Uggggggggggggggggggggggg
>>
>> One of the few reasons I hate my state....fenders required.
>>
>> Grrrrr.
>>
>> I'd rod the '68 if I could strip off the fenders.
>>
>> Damnit.
>>
>> Sneaks
>> '68 T1
>>

> we have fender requirements here too....doesn't stop the 30's modelford's
> and chevy's from running open wheeled.... classic cars tend to get away
> with it more due to them not being everyday drivers...

Wish it was that easy here, need them to get SI. Sucks. If you take them off
afterwards, not only do you get fined, the station that gave you a sticker
can lose their license. Pretty much if it came on the car, it has to stay
there.