2007 Camry is an Accord Killer

Old August 29th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Default 2007 Camry is an Accord Killer

Howard Lester wrote:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" wrote
>
> >> The front of the new Camry reminds me a of a Studebaker.

> > What model?
> >
> > Some Kia's had an early hawk look alike grille.
> >
> > JT

> Don't know - something from the 50's with the wraparound read windows.
>
> Leica made cars? :-)

Nope but they sure make fine cameras...

JT
Old August 29th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote

>> Leica made cars? :-)

> Nope but they sure make fine cameras...

I read the M4 was pretty good...

Old August 29th 06, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Howard Lester wrote:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" wrote
>
> >> Leica made cars? :-)

> > Nope but they sure make fine cameras...

> I read the M4 was pretty good...

M4 was perhaps the pinnacle of the M series line prior to having
electronic gadgetry added. M4 provided parallax correction for four
focal length lenses from 35mm to 135mm, fast film loading and rewind.

My M2 provides for three lenses and actually was introduced after the
famed M3. I seldom use it these days due to digital photography but if
I need to get serious about high quality, out it comes!

JT
Old August 29th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester[_1_]

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote

> M4 was perhaps the pinnacle of the M series line prior to having
> electronic gadgetry added. M4 provided parallax correction for four
> focal length lenses from 35mm to 135mm, fast film loading and rewind.
>
> My M2 provides for three lenses and actually was introduced after the
> famed M3. I seldom use it these days due to digital photography but if
> I need to get serious about high quality, out it comes!

Trying to stay on topic, my '04 Accord carries a backpack loaded with a 4x5,
2 lenses, tripod.... :-) That's when I get serious about high quality!
Prior to that I was a Nikon man. Leica was out of my range.... I love the
results of 4x5, and my Accord has run great since day 1.

Old August 30th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Howard Lester wrote:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" wrote
>
> > M4 was perhaps the pinnacle of the M series line prior to having
> > electronic gadgetry added. M4 provided parallax correction for four
> > focal length lenses from 35mm to 135mm, fast film loading and rewind.
> >
> > My M2 provides for three lenses and actually was introduced after the
> > famed M3. I seldom use it these days due to digital photography but if
> > I need to get serious about high quality, out it comes!

> Trying to stay on topic, my '04 Accord carries a backpack loaded with a 4x5,
> 2 lenses, tripod.... :-) That's when I get serious about high quality!
> Prior to that I was a Nikon man. Leica was out of my range.... I love the
> results of 4x5, and my Accord has run great since day 1.

My ol' '83 Civic hatchback is perfect for photo gear and shortly I
expect to do a series of nighttime neon shots. I still use an old
Huskie tripod for long exposures. BTW, a handy thing to carry along is
one of those small three step ladders for a better vantage.

Most of my snapshot stuff is done with either a Panasonic FZ-10 or my
earlier Olympus D-460. The Olympus is the most forgiving but the
Panasonic with the Leica zoom lens is more versatile. 12X is too much
zoom though as I wish that it was more in the range of 5 or 6X.

Honda is now entering its fourth month since I brought it back to life
after a 12+ year snooze. Sure love the way it passes gas stations!

JT
Old August 30th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote

> My ol' '83 Civic hatchback is perfect for photo gear and shortly I
> expect to do a series of nighttime neon shots. I still use an old
> Huskie tripod for long exposures. BTW, a handy thing to carry along is
> one of those small three step ladders for a better vantage.
>
> Most of my snapshot stuff is done with either a Panasonic FZ-10 or my
> earlier Olympus D-460. The Olympus is the most forgiving but the
> Panasonic with the Leica zoom lens is more versatile. 12X is too much
> zoom though as I wish that it was more in the range of 5 or 6X.
>
> Honda is now entering its fourth month since I brought it back to life
> after a 12+ year snooze. Sure love the way it passes gas stations!

I had a blue '82 Civic sedan: my first Honda. (There was a wide choice of
colors in '82..) So I "know" your car. I'm on my fourth Honda now. (Maybe I
stayed with Honda because of the dealership and how well the service
department takes care of "me" and my car, I don't know.) Digitally speaking,
I use my pocket Nikon 3200 camera for e-mailing snapshots; otherwise it's
film all the way.

Old August 30th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Howard Lester wrote:

> "Grumpy AuContraire" wrote
>
> > My ol' '83 Civic hatchback is perfect for photo gear and shortly I
> > expect to do a series of nighttime neon shots. I still use an old
> > Huskie tripod for long exposures. BTW, a handy thing to carry along is
> > one of those small three step ladders for a better vantage.
> >
> > Most of my snapshot stuff is done with either a Panasonic FZ-10 or my
> > earlier Olympus D-460. The Olympus is the most forgiving but the
> > Panasonic with the Leica zoom lens is more versatile. 12X is too much
> > zoom though as I wish that it was more in the range of 5 or 6X.
> >
> > Honda is now entering its fourth month since I brought it back to life
> > after a 12+ year snooze. Sure love the way it passes gas stations!

> I had a blue '82 Civic sedan: my first Honda. (There was a wide choice of
> colors in '82..) So I "know" your car. I'm on my fourth Honda now. (Maybe I
> stayed with Honda because of the dealership and how well the service
> department takes care of "me" and my car, I don't know.) Digitally speaking,
> I use my pocket Nikon 3200 camera for e-mailing snapshots; otherwise it's
> film all the way.

The choice in colors for Civic hatchbacks were either red or blue but I
suspect the sedans had a wider choice. Mine is the faded (badly) red.
It might get new paint depending on how it behaves in the months ahead.

OTOH, Digital is the way for me these days. I do have a partially
exposed roll in the Leica as I am "testing" a new to me lens (1.5
Summarit) that I bought on eBay last year. I really oughta get that
done, eh?

JT
Old August 30th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Howard Lester[_1_]

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote

>> I had a blue '82 Civic sedan: my first Honda. (There was a wide choice

of
>> colors in '82..) So I "know" your car. I'm on my fourth Honda now. (Maybe
>> stayed with Honda because of the dealership and how well the service
>> department takes care of "me" and my car, I don't know.) Digitally
>> speaking,
>> I use my pocket Nikon 3200 camera for e-mailing snapshots; otherwise it's
>> film all the way.

> The choice in colors for Civic hatchbacks were either red or blue but I
> suspect the sedans had a wider choice. Mine is the faded (badly) red.
> It might get new paint depending on how it behaves in the months ahead.

Red? My only choice (1982) was blue, brown, or silver.

> OTOH, Digital is the way for me these days. I do have a partially
> exposed roll in the Leica as I am "testing" a new to me lens (1.5
> Summarit) that I bought on eBay last year. I really oughta get that
> done, eh?

Um, yeah. :-) Email me direct when you get the results.

Howard