Increasing fuel mileage by injecting ether.

Old September 24th 04, 01:22 AM
127.0.0.1

om...

news:<IUt4d.8923$vd1.1978@trnddc03>...
> [...]

the

back

> > > Might I interest you in a Tornado or a bilge blo- excuse me, "electric
> > > supercharger"? How about a fuel line magnet or toilet paper oil filter
> > > that works wonders...? Slick50, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

> > I heard that you get really good gas mileage if you put
> > sixty pounds of air in your tires, never turn on your lights,
> > signals or wipers, and don't use your brakes.

> If the poster puts enough BTUs of ether in his engine he could improve
> his GAS mileage. However, his cost per mile will go up because of the
> cost of ether.

natural gas retrofits....

-a|ex

Old September 24th 04, 02:42 AM
D_Hawg

> When I bought my Mazda 929, the effing dealer indeed had the
> tires at 60#--musta had my gas mileage in mind! Actually, I think it was
> keep flat spots from forming on the tires in the show-room floor.
> Something
> to watch out for...
> Don't use yer brakes, and coast in neutral whenever you
> can.

Actually I think you caught the PDI guy snooozing........

Dale P................

Old September 24th 04, 06:58 AM
Ricky Spartacus

>"Burt Squareman" wrote

> Several years ago I've read a book on how to inject ether in
> low amounts into the carburetor to increase gas mileages.
> I'd been wanting to add ether or some octane booster into
> the fuel tank and adjust the inputs into the O2 sensor to
> trick it to thinking that it's running rich. In theory, I may save
> gas. What others tricks would you might attempt on your
> car?

This Nitrogen Tire Inflator ($5899.99) claims to also boost fuel
economy. Not sure how it works but check it out at
http://tinyurl.com/6zr8h from northerntool.com.
Old September 24th 04, 12:20 PM
Graham W

"Ricky Spartacus" > wrote in message
om...
> >"Burt Squareman" wrote

> > Several years ago I've read a book on how to inject ether in
> > low amounts into the carburetor to increase gas mileages.
> > I'd been wanting to add ether or some octane booster into
> > the fuel tank and adjust the inputs into the O2 sensor to
> > trick it to thinking that it's running rich. In theory, I may save
> > gas. What others tricks would you might attempt on your
> > car?

> This Nitrogen Tire Inflator ($5899.99) claims to also boost fuel
> economy. Not sure how it works

Using 'fresh' air, oxygen slowly diffuses through the rubber and the
tyre pressure goes down hence causing adverse mileage figures.

Old September 24th 04, 10:14 PM
Big Bill

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:04:32 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
> wrote:

>When I bought my Mazda 929, the effing dealer indeed had the
>tires at 60#--musta had my gas mileage in mind! Actually, I think it was to
>keep flat spots from forming on the tires in the show-room floor. Something
>to watch out for...

The tires had nylon belts/cords?
Modern tires don't do that.

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old September 24th 04, 10:34 PM
Proctologically Violated©®

"Big Bill" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:04:32 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
> > wrote:
>
> >When I bought my Mazda 929, the effing dealer indeed had the
> >tires at 60#--musta had my gas mileage in mind! Actually, I think it was

> >keep flat spots from forming on the tires in the show-room floor.

Something
> >to watch out for...

> The tires had nylon belts/cords?
> Modern tires don't do that.

Ahm *hopin* they were steel-belted radials! If the 60 psi
wasn't for show room flat spots, then I have no idea what the 60 psi was
for. All four tires were 60, pretty much on the nose. Go figger.
The ride was "sporty" to say the least. But mebbe I'll try
it again, for a few more mpg's!
----------------------------
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Funk

Old September 25th 04, 12:36 AM
Ricky Spartacus

>Proctologically Violated©® wrote:

>Don't use yer brakes, and coast in neutral whenever you can.

Actually the opposite. Coasting in gear shuts off the fuel
line. Using your brakes will prevent you from creeping to
a stop. You want to apply the brakes at a considerable
short distance from where you want to stop.
Old September 25th 04, 06:23 AM
Gordon McGrew

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 07:12:19 -0700, "Burt Squareman"
> wrote:

>Several years ago I've read a book on how to inject ether in
>low amounts into the carburetor to increase gas mileages.
>I'd been wanting to add ether or some octane booster into
>the fuel tank and adjust the inputs into the O2 sensor to
>trick it to thinking that it's running rich. In theory, I may save
>gas. What others tricks would you might attempt on your
>car?
>
>Thanks

Plan your trips so that you are always driving downhill.

Old September 25th 04, 07:04 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Graham W" > wrote in message

> "Ricky Spartacus" > wrote in message
> om...
> > >"Burt Squareman" wrote

> > > Several years ago I've read a book on how to inject ether in
> > > low amounts into the carburetor to increase gas mileages.
> > > I'd been wanting to add ether or some octane booster into
> > > the fuel tank and adjust the inputs into the O2 sensor to
> > > trick it to thinking that it's running rich. In theory, I may save
> > > gas. What others tricks would you might attempt on your
> > > car?

> > This Nitrogen Tire Inflator ($5899.99) claims to also boost fuel
> > economy. Not sure how it works

> Using 'fresh' air, oxygen slowly diffuses through the rubber and the
> tyre pressure goes down hence causing adverse mileage figures.

And the sad fact is that there's going to be people who actually buy this.

Ted

90 spirit won't run Faulguys Chrysler 80 December 9th 04 11:41 PM
Magnum RT Fuel Mileage Dan Dodge 48 October 30th 04 02:47 PM
76 Difficult Cold Starts daveo76 Corvette 22 September 9th 04 12:54 AM