2006 civic; MPG seeing and amount paid.

Old June 4th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2006 civic; MPG seeing and amount paid.

Just bought an 06 Civic EX.I honestly have never regretted a car purchase as
much as this one. I bought it because I just cannot deal with $3.35 gas
prices in Southern California anymore. But my Accord that I replaced got
between 28 and 33 mpg no matter what the condtions, air on or off. With the
Civic the ONLY time I get stated mileage is when I am on an open freeway
with no air on. Like that I get about 40. If I turn the air on, it drops to
about 28. I HOPE it just needs more time to break in, but as I approach 1000
miles I am beginning to lose hope.

I honestly WISH I never made the trade.

Old June 5th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Jay A" > wrote in message
> Just bought an 06 Civic EX.I honestly have never regretted a car purchase
> as much as this one. I bought it because I just cannot deal with $3.35 gas
> prices in Southern California anymore. But my Accord that I replaced got
> between 28 and 33 mpg no matter what the condtions, air on or off. With
> the Civic the ONLY time I get stated mileage is when I am on an open
> freeway with no air on. Like that I get about 40. If I turn the air on, it
> drops to about 28. I HOPE it just needs more time to break in, but as I
> approach 1000 miles I am beginning to lose hope.

10,000 miles is a VERY magic number on Honda's and their break-in period...

Old June 5th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I REALLY hope you're right. Thing is, my Accord took no time to reach EPA
mileage and there didn't seem to be ANY difference whether the air was on or
not.

Old June 5th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Did you check your old car in recent years? Summer gas mixtures means poor
mileage for all cars.

newskPgg.8003$3i3.7180@trnddc08...

Old June 6th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

My "old car" was an '05 Accord and yes I would check it all the time.

Well, today I filled up and actually calculated 35mpg so maybe (keeping
fingers crossed) things are looking up. I have owned 9 cars over the years.
Just never saw one with such a drastic difference in mileage as it breaks
in, or depending on what kind of driving I am doing or with the air on or
off as this one.

ink.net...

Old June 6th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

The smaller the car/engine the bigger difference an accessory like ac makes.

Old August 4th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Jay A

Well my Accord got pretty much what the EPA stats say. I traded it in for
the Civic basically to gain a little in the mileage department and because I
wanted a Navi. Well the navigation system is wonderful but I think that
overall, I got better mileage with the Accord considering so much driving is
done with the air on.

ups.com...