Steering Conversion

Old July 12th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
ron[_1_]

Default Steering Conversion

Anyone have experience at converting from manual steering to power
steering? Mine is a 1994 very basic Miata in great condition. Manual
steering wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for my arthritis. Thanks.
Ron

Old July 13th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"ron" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Anyone have experience at converting from manual steering to power
> steering? Mine is a 1994 very basic Miata in great condition. Manual
> steering wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for my arthritis. Thanks.

Read up on Miata.net, I think there's something there about it going
the other way, power to manual for racing. Since the racers are
replacing power with manual, you might be able to find the parts you
need somewhere and work a swap?

Old July 16th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Ron, you're in luck because there's a decent percentage of M1 owners who'd
love to convert to the manual rack. If you can locate one of them, you can
work out a no cost trade. You'll incur shipping costs but, not a big deal.
Local guy of course would be even better. You could post here with a subject
line something like: "WTT Power Steering Rack for Manual Rack". Also on
miata.net you can post a classified ad.

Good luck,
Chris
99BBB

"ron" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Anyone have experience at converting from manual steering to power
> steering? Mine is a 1994 very basic Miata in great condition. Manual
> steering wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for my arthritis. Thanks.
> Ron

91 Golf Needs Adjustable Left Tie Rod you are nuts VW water cooled 7 December 21st 05 07:30 PM
528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 06:38 PM
Noisey VUE Scout Saturn 5 January 16th 05 12:59 AM
Cracked Steering Damper Assembly- Be careful Jason 4x4 2 May 19th 04 12:42 PM