Winter Tires

Old January 26th 05, 07:22 PM
Pat Neeley

Default Winter Tires

I have a new Miata. I live in upstate New York where we get lots of snow in
the winter. I donot usually drive my car until the roads are mostly cleaned
up. I will be using the Miata during the winter. The original tire are not
good herein snowy weather.Can anyone give ne some idea if the Yokohama Avid
H4s/v4s would be recommended???. Could these be used year round??

Thanks in advance for your comments

Frank

Old January 26th 05, 07:41 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article > ,
"Pat Neeley" > wrote:

> Can anyone give ne some idea if the Yokohama Avid
> H4s/v4s would be recommended?

I think the T4 is generally regarded as a better tire than the H4,
despite the manufacturer's classifications. I have T4s on our old
Accord, and they're a decent all-season that works OK in moderate snow.

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old January 27th 05, 06:10 PM

I just put the H4's on my '95 Miata this fall (4th set of tires that
have been on the car) and have had them out in the snow a couple of
times this year. I live in New England and wait until the roads are
clear or else avoid hills. I really like these tires. They're quiet
and have decent grip in all conditions. The price is good too.

Old January 31st 05, 10:59 PM
DH

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I just put the H4's on my '95 Miata this fall

Or, buy a cheap set of wheels and put on real snow tires.