Trouble codes again!

Old January 20th 05, 02:24 AM
Ron

Default Trouble codes again!

Can anyone tell me what a 1, 2, 5, 5, on a 93yj 4.0 means?

Thanks in advance.

Ron 93YJ

Old January 20th 05, 02:49 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Ron,
Twelve is a disconnect battery, and fifty five is end of codes:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/fault/
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 20th 05, 03:03 AM
Jeff Strickland

What Bill says.

You are observing two codes, 12 and 55. 12 means the battery has been
disconnected, 55 means there are no more codes.

k.net...

Old January 20th 05, 03:16 AM
Ron

ok, but my battery has not been disconnected in over a year. the jeep
suddenly dies only to restart after setting for a couple of minutes.
Any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Old January 20th 05, 03:47 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Then I would start cleaning all the connections you can find
starting with the battery, that little hesitation on start is enough to
suck the brains out of your computer, and the radio pre sets if that's
ever happen to you, to confirm it. Could be Mike's infamous ground cable
from back of engine block to body.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 20th 05, 04:01 AM
Jeff Strickland

I recently had a guy at my house whos clock kept resetting itself. It was
driving him nuts because he would set it, and go somewhere and park. Start
the car and the clock would flash 12:00 again.

It turns out his battery was going. The funny thing is, there was no other
symptom. The car started easily every time, and by all measures, it was
fine. Just the clock would forget what time it was.

It just ocurred to me that just maybe 12 means the batery has not only been
disconnected, but it is weak as well.

Old January 20th 05, 04:37 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The alternator internal short that kills the engine that can be
restarted, happens frequently to hot rods whom spin it just a little too
tight, with a too tight a belt.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old January 20th 05, 10:48 PM
Andy

That is strange.

However, on my mothers car the power door locks quit one day.. Several days
later she brought it over and the battery showed bad. Replaced it,
everything works fine again.

Andy

Old January 20th 05, 11:12 PM
Jeff Strickland

By the way, I have never seen anybody NOT get a 12. I wouldn't spend any
effort at all chasing this down.

Typically what happens is people clear codes by disconnecting the battery.
When they reconnect the battery, the first thing that happens is the code
gets set that says the battery was not connected. This is not a fatal code,
so it does not turn the Check light on, but the code is stored along with
other codes that might come up from time to time.

Old January 21st 05, 02:24 AM
Tomes

Troubled batteries can do strange things. On a Toyota Sienna we had the
power door locks operate mysteriously on their own. Every once in a while
they would just go lock, unlock, lock, try to lock again, unlock, wait a
while, then start doing it again. A new battery fixed that too. It was
just a coincidence that it was changed out at that time, but the problem
went away. Of course I took full credit for 'fixing' that one....
Tomes

"Andy" > wrote in message
> That is strange.
>
> However, on my mothers car the power door locks quit one day.. Several

days
> later she brought it over and the battery showed bad. Replaced it,
> everything works fine again.
>
> Andy
>
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote in message
> >I recently had a guy at my house whos clock kept resetting itself. It was
> >driving him nuts because he would set it, and go somewhere and park.

Start
> >the car and the clock would flash 12:00 again.
> >
> > It turns out his battery was going. The funny thing is, there was no

other
> > symptom. The car started easily every time, and by all measures, it was
> > fine. Just the clock would forget what time it was.
> >
> > It just ocurred to me that just maybe 12 means the batery has not only
> > been disconnected, but it is weak as well.
> >

> > "L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> >> Then I would start cleaning all the connections you can find
> >> starting with the battery, that little hesitation on start is enough to
> >> suck the brains out of your computer, and the radio pre sets if that's
> >> ever happen to you, to confirm it. Could be Mike's infamous ground

cable
> >> from back of engine block to body.
> >> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
> >> http://www.billhughes.com/

OT - OBD2 Trouble Codes Jeff Strickland Jeep 1 December 29th 04 06:28 AM
trouble codes Ron Jeep 4 December 24th 04 04:19 AM
new vette! (For me) got trouble codes jameson Corvette 6 September 29th 04 04:37 AM
Tranny Trouble codes jonnymcfly Saturn 4 July 7th 04 01:41 AM