Break-in oil 2004 Accord

Old October 4th 04, 08:42 AM
Sparky

lcopps wrote:

> Your local dealer contradicts the owners manual.

My point exactly.
Old October 5th 04, 03:46 AM
John Horner

> Just wondering, since they're so adamant about not changing the breakin
> oil
> too soon (I plan at 5K) - if one did need to top off a little, what would
> they use? Is is just standard Honda 5w20? Just that plus additives?
> Something else?

Exxon SuperFlo 5W-20 seems to have characteristics very similar, if not
identical, to the Honda branded oil you would buy at a dealership parts
counter. This makes sense since Exxon-Mobil is the supplier for Honda USA.

Any top quality 5W-20 oil would probably do you just fine. Look for
notations on the label somewhere that the oil meets Ford specification
WSS-M2C153-H . This is the tightest published spec I know of for 5W-20
motor oils.

John

Old October 5th 04, 05:46 AM
SoCalMike

John Horner wrote:
> Exxon SuperFlo 5W-20 seems to have characteristics very similar, if not
> identical, to the Honda branded oil you would buy at a dealership parts
> counter. This makes sense since Exxon-Mobil is the supplier for Honda USA.

you wouldnt happen to know the supplier for toyota, would you? i changed
the oil im my moms and used the regular mobil 5w30 "drive clean". it
was the cheapest "name" brand autozone carried.

looking for 2004 BMW 325i Raj BMW 0 October 19th 04 08:00 PM
Accord EX 2004 vs 2005 SmarSquid Honda 8 September 30th 04 01:33 PM
Cost of 2004 CR-V, EX, Auto Harvey Cohen Honda 3 September 30th 04 01:09 AM
2004 Accord EX V6 or EX 4 Cyl???? lcopps Honda 2 September 29th 04 02:24 AM
2003 Accord power lock problem Steve Driska Honda 0 September 26th 04 04:02 AM