HEI Swap

Old May 10th 05, 02:09 AM
CalgarySales

Default HEI Swap

I have read a bunch of of sites regarding the HEI swap, none list a parts
list...the actual parts I should use. DOes anyone have a quick link for the
low down. And does anyone have any experience runnign stock wires?

Old May 10th 05, 02:11 AM
Pi-Eyed Piper

oops wrong account

Old May 10th 05, 02:11 AM
DougW

CalgarySales did pass the time by typing:
> I have read a bunch of of sites regarding the HEI swap, none list a parts
> list...the actual parts I should use. DOes anyone have a quick link for the
> low down. And does anyone have any experience runnign stock wires?

Sorry, I can't read minds. HEI into what engine/model/year?

Old May 10th 05, 02:32 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://keith.cj8.tripod.com/hei_upgrade.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 10th 05, 02:35 AM
Pi-Eyed Piper

for the 258....are there other swaps?

Old May 10th 05, 02:36 AM
Pi-Eyed Piper

thats a good link, thanks Bill

Old May 10th 05, 03:52 AM
DougW

Pi-Eyed Piper did pass the time by typing:
> for the 258....are there other swaps?

Yea.. I put HEI into an older 305 and 350 chevy V8.

If you have bucks to spare give this site a read.
http://www.msdignition.com/1ignitions.htm

--
DougW

Old May 10th 05, 04:19 AM
Pi-Eyed Piper

well, YA.....but this isn't a chevy group.

Old May 10th 05, 05:12 AM
RocknCJ

I had a GM HEI in my AMC360 for a while.

Old May 10th 05, 12:09 PM
DougW

Pi-Eyed Piper did pass the time by typing:
> well, YA.....but this isn't a chevy group.

Who said the engines were in a chevy.
Actually one was (my C-10) the other was in a
J-10 Jeep pickup a buddy owned.

You will find a lot of the 305 and 350 engines
in project vehicles just because they made millions
of em over the years and parts are widly available.