2005 Explorer Automatic Door Locks

Old October 12th 05, 06:43 PM
straycat

Default 2005 Explorer Automatic Door Locks

I have a 2005 Explorer and have noticed a couple of bass-ackwards ways of
dealing with the automatic door locks. This is the first car I've ever
seen that does this:

First of all when you unlock the doors from the INSIDE, it only unlocks
the driver door, unless you hit the unlock again. I unlock the doors or I
think I did and I go around to the passenger side and, surprise, the
door's locked. I have to go around to hit the button again. It should open
all doors, all cars I've had or have driven open all doors.

Next, if you unlock the car from the OUTSIDE, open the doors and
everything, and accidentally leave the keys inside, the car will lock
itself again. I've never had a car that locked itself with the keys in it
or after you've opened a door.

Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Old October 12th 05, 10:21 PM
Big Shoe

I also have an '05 Explorer (Limited) and the unlock button unlocks
all doors. The unlock on the key fob works as you describe - one push
unlocks the driver's door, two pushes unlocks all doors. This is a
safety thing to prevent allowing access to the car from the passenger
side when you unlock the driver's door.

My doors do not lock themselves, whether or not the key is inside.
Sounds like something is wrong here. If the vehicle is still in
warranty, I would take it in and ask to have the concern corrected.

I have the keypad programmed so that I can open the doors without the
key, so locking the keys in would not be a disaster.

Old October 14th 05, 03:21 AM
Ron Bozich

I also have a 05, my wife has a 03 and the doors will not lock with the
key in the ignition, on the front seat yes but not in the ignition. Push
the lock button and the drivers door will unlock, not lock. Look at your
owners manual and reset everything to default settings, or go to a Ford
Dealer and have them show you how to do it. Good luck.

A6 1.9 TDi Automatic OiS Audi 0 November 23rd 04 10:21 PM
e36 automatic air conditioning controls Q boy BMW 2 October 15th 04 12:08 AM
e36 automatic air conditioning controls Q boy BMW 0 October 14th 04 06:30 PM
Looking for info on how to get automatic headlights on a 2005 Grand Caravan Mctabish Dodge 0 September 23rd 04 07:27 AM