Passenger Assist Handle for '05 T&C Limited ???

Old July 18th 05, 08:28 PM
J West

Default Passenger Assist Handle for '05 T&C Limited ???

Have a 2005 T&C Limited. Didn't realize it had no "Front Passenger
Assist Handle" when we bought the car. Wife wants one!!

Looking at the '05 T&C Brochure, I see that only LX & Touring models
have them as "standard". Reading further, I see that "(deleted with
side-curtain air bag)". Since the Limited has side curtains for all
three rows, I assume that is why the Handle dosed not appear in the
Limited.

A friend has the SWB T&C and had one added after the fact! However his
vehicle does not have side curtains!

QUESTION: Is it possible one could be installed in my Limited?

Thanks, J West

Old July 18th 05, 08:51 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:28:54 +0000, J West wrote:

> Have a 2005 T&C Limited. Didn't realize it had no "Front Passenger
> Assist Handle" when we bought the car. Wife wants one!!
>
> Looking at the '05 T&C Brochure, I see that only LX & Touring models
> have them as "standard". Reading further, I see that "(deleted with
> side-curtain air bag)". Since the Limited has side curtains for all
> three rows, I assume that is why the Handle dosed not appear in the
> Limited.
>
> A friend has the SWB T&C and had one added after the fact! However his
> vehicle does not have side curtains!
>
> QUESTION: Is it possible one could be installed in my Limited?
>
> Thanks, J West

I was wondering why my 300C didn't have front handles, it seemed like a
strange omission. Removing them to put in the side-curtain airbags makes
some sense.
Old July 18th 05, 11:31 PM
Steve B.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:28:54 GMT, J West >
wrote:

>Have a 2005 T&C Limited. Didn't realize it had no "Front Passenger
>Assist Handle" when we bought the car. Wife wants one!!
>
>Looking at the '05 T&C Brochure, I see that only LX & Touring models
>have them as "standard". Reading further, I see that "(deleted with
>side-curtain air bag)". Since the Limited has side curtains for all
>three rows, I assume that is why the Handle dosed not appear in the
>Limited.
>
>A friend has the SWB T&C and had one added after the fact! However his
>vehicle does not have side curtains!
>
>QUESTION: Is it possible one could be installed in my Limited?
>
>Thanks, J West

Yes it could be. You would need to remove the side curtain air bags
to do it though.

Steve B.
Old July 19th 05, 12:22 AM
General Schvantzkoph

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:31:01 +0000, Steve B. wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:28:54 GMT, J West >
> wrote:
>
>>Have a 2005 T&C Limited. Didn't realize it had no "Front Passenger
>>Assist Handle" when we bought the car. Wife wants one!!
>>
>>Looking at the '05 T&C Brochure, I see that only LX & Touring models
>>have them as "standard". Reading further, I see that "(deleted with
>>side-curtain air bag)". Since the Limited has side curtains for all
>>three rows, I assume that is why the Handle dosed not appear in the
>>Limited.
>>
>>A friend has the SWB T&C and had one added after the fact! However his
>>vehicle does not have side curtains!
>>
>>QUESTION: Is it possible one could be installed in my Limited?
>>
>>Thanks, J West

> Yes it could be. You would need to remove the side curtain air bags
> to do it though.
>
> Steve B.

I was looking at the position of the side curtain airbags in my 300C which
is on the pillar next to the seat. I suspect that the reason for removing
the handles when side airbags are installed is that they don't want anyone
hanging on the handle when the airbag goes off. If your hand was on the
handle when the airbag fired you could end up punching yourself in the
face, at the very least the airbag is going to hit you in the armpit
which is probably none to pleasant.

Assist Handle - Front Passenger J West Chrysler 0 July 18th 05 08:17 PM
Parking brake handle (E36) B.S. BMW 6 June 4th 05 06:23 PM
2001 300m passenger door handle(inside) Fiberman Chrysler 19 March 27th 05 08:33 PM
Civic Outer Door Handle Cracked Off in Icy Weather Gary Honda 0 December 23rd 04 04:11 PM
confused about lockers & limited slips? James Morrow 4x4 24 February 24th 04 01:26 AM