60k-mile Service for a Jeep Cherokee in Los Angeles

Old August 24th 04, 01:44 AM
Vivek Maddala

Default 60k-mile Service for a Jeep Cherokee in Los Angeles

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can recommend in a good place in Los Angeles
to service a '98 Jeep Cherokee. I would prefer the West side of LA
(including Santa Monica / Venice / Culver City / Beverly Hills / etc.)
I called Buerge Chrysler Jeep on Santa Monica Blvd., and they quoted
me about $750. (Does this sound high, or does it sound reasonable?)
I will greatly appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Thanks in advance,

Vivek

Vivek Maddala
Maddala Music / Tadcaster Studios (www.maddala.com)
310-729-2857
Old August 24th 04, 02:00 AM
twaldron

What does it entail???

Vivek Maddala wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if someone can recommend in a good place in Los Angeles
> to service a '98 Jeep Cherokee. I would prefer the West side of LA
> (including Santa Monica / Venice / Culver City / Beverly Hills / etc.)
> I called Buerge Chrysler Jeep on Santa Monica Blvd., and they quoted
> me about $750. (Does this sound high, or does it sound reasonable?)
> I will greatly appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vivek

> Vivek Maddala
> Maddala Music / Tadcaster Studios (www.maddala.com)
> 310-729-2857

tw

03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)

Old August 24th 04, 02:52 AM
Vivek Maddala

twaldron wrote:

> What does it entail???

The list of services the Jeep dealership faxed me includes:

* Lubrication
* Change Oil and Filter
* Rotate Tires
* Balance Wheels
* Brake Inspection
* Service Front Differentials
* Service Rear Differentials
* Service Transfer Case
* Service Transmission
* Transmission Flush
* Flush Cooling System
* Engine Tune-Up
* Throttle Body Clean
* Service Air Filter
* Service Crank Case Breather
* Service Smog Valve
* Replace Fuel Filter

Does it sound reasonable for the dealership service department to
charge $750 for this? If not, perhaps there's another place I
should take my Jeep?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Old August 24th 04, 03:01 AM
M. E. Bye

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 00:44:49 GMT, Vivek Maddala >
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm wondering if someone can recommend in a good place in Los Angeles
>to service a '98 Jeep Cherokee.
>I called Buerge Chrysler Jeep on Santa Monica Blvd., and they quoted
>me about $750. (Does this sound high, or does it sound reasonable?)

A number of years ago when I was due for a major service for my '98
Cherokee (now nearing 130K), I called the dealership and was quoted a
price of nearly $600. When I called back and recited the specifics
from the "A" maintenance schedule, the price dropped dramatically...
to around $150.00. Long story short, make sure you know what it is
you actually need to have done for your particular mileage interval.

Mark
'98 XJ
'98 TJ