93 Accord ABS lite & whining sound??????????

Old December 9th 04, 01:08 PM
Paul

Default 93 Accord ABS lite & whining sound??????????

I have a 93 Honda Accord EX Auto. The ABS lite keeps coming on-this is
probably a wheel sensor but is there an easy way to check this out? Also I
have a whining sound coming from the front left engine compartment-it starts
around 30 kph and rises ( louder ) with engine speed, not tranny speed. Any
ideas? Thanks.

Old December 9th 04, 05:04 PM
motsco_ _

Paul wrote:
> I have a 93 Honda Accord EX Auto. The ABS lite keeps coming on-this is
> probably a wheel sensor but is there an easy way to check this out? Also I
> have a whining sound coming from the front left engine compartment-it starts
> around 30 kph and rises ( louder ) with engine speed, not tranny speed. Any
> ideas? Thanks.

==================

When does the light come on? Idling, moving, braking? What makes you
think it's a wheel sensor? Have you been careful to rotate your tires
according to the manual?

Slip your distributor cap off to make sure there isn't any red 'dust'
inside the distributor. If there is, the bearing may soon fail, taking
out your Timing Belt. A google search for 'honda distributor bearing
failure' should explain.

'Curly'

Old December 12th 04, 09:31 PM

On my 97 there are two connectors under the glove compartment. One is
a 3x2 connector and the other is a 2x1 connector. Both are for the
ABS brake system. The 3x2 is designed to mate with some fancy
diagnostic system. On mine, you short out the 2x1 connector and the
ABS light will flash out two number. The factory service manual will
tell you how to interpret the code. Look around the internet based on
the code and you might find something as the facrtory service manual
is a bit to technical (for me) to determine the problem from just the
code.

I found a nice article from the SAE that identified 3 likely causes
based on the code which ranged from just putting draining and topping
off the fluid level to replacing the entire unit.

2003 Accord power lock problem Steve Driska Honda 0 September 26th 04 04:02 AM
Strange sound KoStAhR Alfa Romeo 0 August 31st 04 11:07 PM
Jingling sound from leaf spring shackle dcbryan 4x4 5 July 5th 04 06:47 PM
abnormal sound? Kurt Alfa Romeo 1 May 12th 04 09:17 PM