lift gate T&C 2001

Old June 7th 06, 11:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default lift gate T&C 2001

The lift gate on my T&C 2001 stopped working
Will not respond to remote or internal switch
Fuse is ok
Checked lift motor and it runs when hot wired
Door releases but will not power lift
There is an electronic box where it appears the door may be controlled
by next to the lift system
Is this circuit board the likely cause of failure or should I check
something else?

Old June 7th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

--

"ddm" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> The lift gate on my T&C 2001 stopped working
> Will not respond to remote or internal switch
> Fuse is ok
> Checked lift motor and it runs when hot wired
> Door releases but will not power lift
> There is an electronic box where it appears the door may be controlled
> by next to the lift system
> Is this circuit board the likely cause of failure or should I check
> something else?

If you keep hot wiring the system you may be in worse trouble then you
think.
If the door pops but just doesn't open it is probably the power latch
assembly that is causing the problem

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old June 8th 06, 11:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Of course hot wiring in the auto could lead to some major issues
I actually removed the lift assembly from the van and tested on
workbench

Is the electronic box likely the problem. I assume I have no way to
test this.

Old June 8th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

One more time, it is probably the latch assembly that is bad. The latch is
what tells the liftgate module what position the door is in. If it does
not know if the door is opened or closed it will not allow it to work at
all.
95% of all power lift gate doors that wont work are due to the latch
assembly!!!-

Glenn Beasley
CHrysler Tech

Old June 8th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Thanks
I understand
I will check it out

Old June 8th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

--

"ddm" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Thanks
> I understand
> I will check it out
>
> damnnickname wrote:
> > One more time, it is probably the latch assembly that is bad. The latch

is
> > what tells the liftgate module what position the door is in. If it does
> > not know if the door is opened or closed it will not allow it to work at
> > all.
> > 95% of all power lift gate doors that wont work are due to the latch
> > assembly!!!-
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > CHrysler Tech

And the only way to check it out is to have a scan tool with the vehicle
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech