99 Intrepid dash bulb

Old May 17th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default 99 Intrepid dash bulb

One of the dash bulbs in my '99 Intrepid has burned out. The FSM has a
long, involved process of tearing half the car apart to get at it. Anyone
found a shortcut?

Cheers.

--
Jeff Falkiner
95 neon - the Road Rocket

Old May 17th 06, 11:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Jeff Falkiner wrote:

> One of the dash bulbs in my '99 Intrepid has burned out. The FSM has a
> long, involved process of tearing half the car apart to get at it. Anyone
> found a shortcut?
>
> Cheers.

I don't know what FSM you're reading, but it's not nearly as involved as
you make it sound (10 steps and less than a column of text, and not a
single flip to other sections to complete the procedure). No shortcuts
(unless you want to break something). Just do it.

If you think that procedure is unnecesarily complex, read thru what it
takes to replace the a.c. evaporator

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old May 17th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

--

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> Jeff Falkiner wrote:
>
> > One of the dash bulbs in my '99 Intrepid has burned out. The FSM has a
> > long, involved process of tearing half the car apart to get at it.

Anyone
> > found a shortcut?
> >
> > Cheers.

> I don't know what FSM you're reading, but it's not nearly as involved as
> you make it sound (10 steps and less than a column of text, and not a
> single flip to other sections to complete the procedure). No shortcuts
> (unless you want to break something). Just do it.
>
> If you think that procedure is unnecesarily complex, read thru what it
> takes to replace the a.c. evaporator
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> address with the letter 'x')

LOL, better yet, try replacing one

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old May 18th 06, 11:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

maxpower wrote:

>>> If you think that procedure is unnecesarily complex, read thru what it
>>> takes to replace the a.c. evaporator
>>>
>>> Bill Putney
>>> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>>> address with the letter 'x')

>> LOL, better yet, try replacing one

Yeah - I plan to (hopefully this summer). But in anticipation of the
"wonderful" experience, I have read thru the procedure - which may be
the reason I'm procrastinating about it. I hate it when the procedure
has you flipping from one section of the FSM to another, to another, to
another, ad infinitum.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old May 18th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

> >> LOL, better yet, try replacing one

> Yeah - I plan to (hopefully this summer). But in anticipation of the
> "wonderful" experience, I have read thru the procedure - which may be
> the reason I'm procrastinating about it. I hate it when the procedure
> has you flipping from one section of the FSM to another, to another, to
> another, ad infinitum.
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> address with the letter 'x')

Not really that hard , for the first time though I guess the hardest part is
finding all the hidin screws.. Not sure what year you have but the newer
ones have a hiding screw behind the receiver drier.. I don't think the book
showed that.
You can do it Bill!!! I got faith in ya!

--
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old May 19th 06, 11:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

maxpower wrote:

>>Yeah - I plan to (hopefully this summer). But in anticipation of the
>>"wonderful" experience, I have read thru the procedure - which may be
>>the reason I'm procrastinating about it. I hate it when the procedure
>>has you flipping from one section of the FSM to another, to another, to
>>another, ad infinitum.
>>
>>Bill Putney
>>(To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>>address with the letter 'x')

> Not really that hard , for the first time though I guess the hardest part is
> finding all the hidin screws.. Not sure what year you have but the newer
> ones have a hiding screw behind the receiver drier.. I don't think the book
> showed that.
> You can do it Bill!!! I got faith in ya!

It's a '99. Thanks for the encouragement - just have to make the time.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

Dash Board Light Bulb Replacement Ed Wojciechowski Jeep 0 May 9th 06 04:59 PM
sebring dash trim fred Chrysler 0 February 7th 06 03:01 AM
touch halogen, lose low beams if installing [email protected] Chrysler 11 January 20th 06 05:51 AM
Dash bulb help please! Matthew Maddock Audi 4 July 23rd 05 01:43 AM
Single Bulb to Dual Bulb [email protected] VW air cooled 3 May 25th 05 03:21 PM