93 saturn sc2 stalling with foot on brake

Old May 14th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default 93 saturn sc2 stalling with foot on brake

Ok, so my i bought my 93 saturn sc2 with about 120k on it. i realized
that the back up lights werent working and found the problem to be that
the backup light switch was not plugged in. i plugged it in and
started the car. when i started up the car and put it reverse it
immediately reved low then stalled, sort of just died. also, the car
stalled when i put my foot on the brake. so, i realized that the
switch was probably unplugged for a reason and unplugged it again. i
tried it again and the car didnt stall when i put it in reverse
however, whenever i put my foot on the brake it revs low and die. when
the car is idleing it idles rough and gives me smoke out the tail pipe,
but it is not consistant. it might do it for 5 min then stop. it is
also reving down while idleing, not a huge amount but enough to make it
sound as though it is going to die. and every once in a while it will
rev very high when no one is touching the gas.

this had never happened before i tried to fix the back up lights, and i
am perplexed as to what it may be. also, a preexisting condition: when
driving around 30 to 40 at a constant speed, the car stutters, sort of
like a hesitation.

any help would be appreciated. i havnt taken it to a mechanic or
anyone else yet considering its 9 oclock on the week end.

Old May 15th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Ok, so my i bought my 93 saturn sc2 with about 120k on it. i realized
> that the back up lights werent working and found the problem to be that
> the backup light switch was not plugged in. i plugged it in and
> started the car. when i started up the car and put it reverse it
> immediately reved low then stalled, sort of just died. also, the car
> stalled when i put my foot on the brake. so, i realized that the
> switch was probably unplugged for a reason and unplugged it again. i
> tried it again and the car didnt stall when i put it in reverse
> however, whenever i put my foot on the brake it revs low and die. when
> the car is idleing it idles rough and gives me smoke out the tail pipe,
> but it is not consistant. it might do it for 5 min then stop. it is
> also reving down while idleing, not a huge amount but enough to make it
> sound as though it is going to die. and every once in a while it will
> rev very high when no one is touching the gas.
>
> this had never happened before i tried to fix the back up lights, and i
> am perplexed as to what it may be. also, a preexisting condition: when
> driving around 30 to 40 at a constant speed, the car stutters, sort of
> like a hesitation.
>
> any help would be appreciated. i havnt taken it to a mechanic or
> anyone else yet considering its 9 oclock on the week end.

Hi, CrazyHobbit06,
This is a very frequently asked question. If you do a Google Search on
this newsgroup with some of the relevant key words (stall, die, etc) I think
you will find quite a bit of information and guidance.
Good luck!