Placing rear bearing on 69 swing axle

Old August 6th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Davy Coeman

Default Placing rear bearing on 69 swing axle

Hi

Can I drift the new bearing on my 69 swing axle bug in place using a tube
and a hamer or will the cause damage to the transmission?
Do I need to heat up the bearing?

Thanks,

Davy Coeman

69 bug
55 oval
67 SC

Old August 6th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Davy Coeman wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can I drift the new bearing on my 69 swing axle bug in place using a tube
> and a hamer or will the cause damage to the transmission?
> Do I need to heat up the bearing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Davy Coeman
>
> 69 bug
> 55 oval
> 67 SC

Those bearings are usually not very tightly fitted.
You may be surprised that it will simply slip into place.
But if it needs a little help, a drift would be fine
with light taps.

The alternative is to strip the tube and axle off <ugh>.

Vic has a parts breakdown he
http://www.1800vw.bizhosting.com/0.s...on_rear.sa.htm

And much more than you wanted to know he
http://www.ckoon.org/vw/vw.html
Links to:
http://www.ckoon.org/vw/tranny/tranny.html

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old August 6th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Davy Coeman

Thanks for the help Jim!

Greets,
Davy

"Speedy Jim" > schreef in bericht
t...

Rear Wheel Bearing Scott Hughes Mazda 4 June 7th 06 01:01 AM
AWA [OFFER] Audi Rear Axle Differential [email protected] General 0 February 14th 06 03:51 PM
2002 rear wheel bearing HerkyJerky Ford Explorer 0 February 11th 06 12:53 AM
99 A4 Quattro Rear Wheel Bearing Failure OPSMAN Audi 0 December 6th 05 09:41 PM
1994 E36 Vibration in rear axle? Lordy BMW 7 February 4th 05 03:35 AM