Keeping live plants?

Old February 11th 04, 12:52 AM
eryoung

Default Keeping live plants?

Hello,

My question is how many hours of
light do you recommend to keep live plants? I have a 55 gallon freshwater
tank and just purchased a dual light to go along with my single strip light.
That will give me 120 watts, I replaced the stock bulbs with power glows and
took out the carbon in my eheim because I read that carbon can take out the
nutrients in the water for the live plants. I am keeping community fish
(oldest fish is a 8 year old Striped Raphael)

Thank you for your advice
Eddie

Old February 11th 04, 04:20 AM
Dinky

"eryoung" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s01...
Hello,

My question is how many hours of
light do you recommend to keep live plants? I have a 55 gallon freshwater
tank and just purchased a dual light to go along with my single strip

light.
That will give me 120 watts, I replaced the stock bulbs with power glows

and
took out the carbon in my eheim because I read that carbon can take out

the
nutrients in the water for the live plants. I am keeping community fish
(oldest fish is a 8 year old Striped Raphael)

Thank you for your advice
Eddie

First, sub to rec.aquaria.freshwter.plants
Then, read: http://faq.thekrib.com/plant.html

The lighting you have may be sufficient for some plants, but it's not quite
that simple, unfortunately.

Old February 11th 04, 04:32 AM
NetMax

"Dinky" wrote in message
link.net...

"eryoung" wrote in message
[...]

Start with 12 hours a day and fine tune it. Do build your Raphael a nice
dark cave to move into.

NetMax

Old February 17th 04, 04:09 PM
Aquatic-Store.com

Most people opt for 8-12 hours of lighting

Kasselmann aquarium plants book 59.99

Marcus

http://www.aquatic-store.com/

Co2 tanks on sale
Power compact bulbs and MH the lowest on the net
Co2 regulator and bubble counter with needle valve $75

do you want a FREE CO2 Regulator or FREE CO2 DIFFUSOR????

Swing on by our webbforum to see how to get one!!

http://aquatic.yupapa.com/phpbb/index.php

http://www.aquarium-plant-store.com

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:52:39 GMT, "eryoung"
wrote:

Hello,

My question is how many hours of
light do you recommend to keep live plants? I have a 55 gallon freshwater
tank and just purchased a dual light to go along with my single strip light.
That will give me 120 watts, I replaced the stock bulbs with power glows and
took out the carbon in my eheim because I read that carbon can take out the
nutrients in the water for the live plants. I am keeping community fish
(oldest fish is a 8 year old Striped Raphael)

Thank you for your advice
Eddie

Live plants shipped without heatpacks Pszemol Reefs 8 February 1st 04 07:29 PM
Cycling Live Rock with Live Sand?? Kelley Reefs 7 January 20th 04 12:56 PM
Help with Plants and Algae Control Scott General 1 November 22nd 03 04:42 PM
Which Live Rock? Greg Bunch General 0 August 27th 03 06:09 PM
Which Live Rock? BigHaig Reefs 1 August 27th 03 12:14 AM