Anyone off road with these things?? Just a few questions...

Old January 21st 05, 10:06 PM
garzajd

Default Anyone off road with these things?? Just a few questions...

I have a 91 explorer (4x4 of course). Have had it for about a year did
some minor work to it, installed aftermarket stereo, changed passenger
front window motor, driver rear window cable assembly -- which was all
the basic work it needed.
I finally got to take it off road (in stock condition) because I’m
thinking about putting in a 4" suspension lift. Being as I’m in
Arizona there are many fun trails to go out on, some hard some easy.
Well the trip was awesome the explorer did very well didnt drag or
stall. Of course I got alittle over agressive on one hill and busted
the front auto locking hub. So I changed them out to Manual locking
hubs. I also changed the valve cover gasket as it was throwing oil all
over the place.
Anyways my question is this.. is this vehicle worth putting in the
time and parts to make it off road worthy or is it better to look for
something else.
Again I’m planning on putting the 4" lift, shocks, brake lines, etc.
Adding steel rims with 31" tires. I dont really want to do all of
this if it is going to effect the performance so much that it wont be
worth it. I plan on using this vehicle for about 80% road and 20% off
road (play weekends). Now I only put about 600 miles on it a year so
there really isnt much drive time. So if anyone has made any changes
for some serious off road use I’d like to know. Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Explo...pict99801.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=459441
Old January 22nd 05, 03:56 AM
Janet

In article >,
garzajd > wrote:

> Again I’m planning on putting the 4" lift, shocks, brake lines, etc.
> Adding steel rims with 31" tires. I dont really want to do all of
> this if it is going to effect the performance so much that it wont be
> worth it. I plan on using this vehicle for about 80% road and 20% off
> road (play weekends). Now I only put about 600 miles on it a year so
> there really isnt much drive time. So if anyone has made any changes
> for some serious off road use I’d like to know. Thanks

here's the place to ask/explore ;-)

http://www.explorerforum.com/

Questions, questions, questions Vernon Balbert BMW 15 January 16th 05 03:01 AM
Battery replacement comments and questions Tom's VR6 VW water cooled 1 November 12th 04 06:12 PM
Audi All Road reliability LIW Audi 2 November 3rd 04 08:39 PM
A few questions about my C4 Jeff Kingsley Corvette 3 August 19th 04 05:58 AM