'97 Monte Carlo clicking in dash/ faulty brakes....any help?

Old September 12th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
sandyshores

Default '97 Monte Carlo clicking in dash/ faulty brakes....any help?

HI Jeff,
Thanks for your reply! Yes, we've replaced the relay and addressed any
other faulty electrical issues, fuses, grounds etc. The
clicking/cycling from the ABS pump only comes when applying the brakes
and is not an "all the time" thing. So we're both kind of at an impass,
not knowing what to do. The controle module replacement was, what he
said, the EBCM(elctronic brake control module), and I hear ya just the
same. He likes to poke around in the local junkyard and just thought of
picking another one up cheap.He's a semi-retired older guy, about 70.

He also went out to the dealer, whos only help was lending us huge
manual whereby we copied out the 46 page chapter on trouble shooting
ABS systems, which havent really helped out at all. So Im left to scour
the internet hoping to come across someone whos already gone down this
road. Have seen a couple of posts, but no definitive answers. We're
going to start checking the wheel speed sensors next. More later.

--
sandyshores
sandyshores's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=475497

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old September 12th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jeffcoslacker[_133_]

sandyshores Wrote:
> HI Jeff,
> Thanks for your reply! Yes, we've replaced the relay and addressed any
> other faulty electrical issues, fuses, grounds etc. The
> clicking/cycling from the ABS pump only comes when applying the brakes
> and is not an "all the time" thing. So we're both kind of at an impass,
> not knowing what to do. The controle module replacement was, what he
> said, the EBCM(elctronic brake control module), and I hear ya just the
> same. He likes to poke around in the local junkyard and just thought of
> picking another one up cheap.He's a semi-retired older guy, about 70.
>
> He also went out to the dealer, whos only help was lending us huge
> manual whereby we copied out the 46 page chapter on trouble shooting
> ABS systems, which havent really helped out at all. So Im left to scour
> the internet hoping to come across someone whos already gone down this
> road. Have seen a couple of posts, but no definitive answers. We're
> going to start checking the wheel speed sensors next. More later.

LOL! Sorry...I thought that was a typo for ECM...not used to seeing it
abbrieviated that way. Try posting it over he

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...lay.php?f=1100

I know we've seen the problem before, but I can't remember what the
resolution was...but there's a few GM techs that post often, might be
able to shed some light...it's alright it's a Lumina forum...we won't
bite....:evillol:

--
jeffcoslacker
jeffcoslacker's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=219638