97 voyager tranny whine

Old August 8th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Larry[_8_]

Default 97 voyager tranny whine

Hi to all in group, I have a 97 grand voyager 3.3 and 70,000 mi. and its had
most all the services done me including the tranny services with the proper
chrylsler atf#3. My tranny has a high speed whine at about 65mph+ and no
other problems leaks etc, shifts smooth but my question is that whine
something that I should be worried about for breakdown later on with this
famous tranny.Also there is a bump feel at times with the AC on when coming
to a stop.

Thanks for any Info.

Old August 8th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
John Kunkel

"Larry" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hi to all in group, I have a 97 grand voyager 3.3 and 70,000 mi. and its
> had most all the services done me including the tranny services with the
> proper chrylsler atf#3. My tranny has a high speed whine at about 65mph+
> and no other problems leaks etc, shifts smooth but my question is that
> whine something that I should be worried about for breakdown later on with
> this famous tranny.

This is a well known problem, the whine is caused by resonance in the
transmission transfer gear.

There are a couple of TSB's on the subject, do a google search using the
terms chrysler transfer gear whine.

Old August 10th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Larry[_8_]

Does it mean that failure is in the future?
. ..

Old August 10th 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Burgerman

"Larry" > wrote in message
. ..
> Does it mean that failure is in the future?

Well since no transmission will go forever no matter how healthy, and it
cant fail in the past, and you are not using it in the present then
logically the only answer can be yes!

--

www.dynamometer-info.co.uk
www.powerrchair-review.co.uk

Old August 10th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
John Kunkel

"Larry" > wrote in message
. ..
> Does it mean that failure is in the future?

Not because of the whine, it's more of an annoyance than a real problem.

Old August 12th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Larry[_8_]

Thanks for the Help on the whine I can live with that but I heard that there
may be a software upgrade for the bump feel when coming to a stop that seems
to happen only with the ac on.
"John Kunkel" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Larry" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Does it mean that failure is in the future?

> Not because of the whine, it's more of an annoyance than a real problem.
>

>> "John Kunkel" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>>
>>> "Larry" > wrote in message
>>> . ..
>>>
>>> This is a well known problem, the whine is caused by resonance in the
>>> transmission transfer gear.
>>>
>>> There are a couple of TSB's on the subject, do a google search using the
>>> terms chrysler transfer gear whine.

1996 Grand Voyager Tranny Problems [email protected] Chrysler 4 June 18th 07 07:51 PM
ZJ Tranny or TC whine? Les[_2_] Jeep 9 November 7th 06 10:06 PM
740 E38 - Tick from under bonnet / whine from tranny or torque converter.. Paul Aspinall BMW 1 July 24th 05 07:17 PM
1995 Plymouth Voyager, 3.3 engine Tranny Dr [email protected] Chrysler 2 April 8th 05 03:20 AM
5-speed tranny whine-'03 TJ 4.0L Ken Knapp Jeep 7 February 6th 05 02:26 PM