I was an idiot to buy a Chrysler

Old December 15th 04, 11:17 PM
James C. Reeves

"aaa" > wrote in message
> Read it and weep.
>
> European and Asian rivals are attacking Detroit's last bastion of
> profits, full-size trucks and SUVs
>
> The onslaught continues. Don't tell me anyone is surprised !!!

No should be surprised. Even those USA flag waving Texan's are buying
Japanese full size trucks now. We're in trouble!!!

Old December 16th 04, 11:24 AM

James C. Reeves wrote:
> "aaa" > wrote in message
> > Read it and weep.
> >
> > European and Asian rivals are attacking Detroit's last bastion of
> > profits, full-size trucks and SUVs
> >
> > The onslaught continues. Don't tell me anyone is surprised !!!
> >

> No should be surprised. Even those USA flag waving Texan's are

buying
> Japanese full size trucks now. We're in trouble!!!

I'm not surprised either. Looking at Toyota's site, the Tundra
low end truck lists for 15,955, the high end lists 26,120, at Dodge's
site the low end ram lists at 21,205 and the higher end at 46,075.
And, that/s 5.6 APR for the Dodge and 1.9APR for the Toyota?!?

Now, next question for you - why is this? Answer - because the dollar
is strong against the yen. And, our Glorious Leader Bush wants it that
way - his quote is "The policy of my government is a strong-dollar
policy"

And, why does he want this? It's because of all the unchecked
government spending that should have been reined in after the tax cuts
but wasn't - G.B. needs the strong dollar to keep the deficit funded.
Ted

Old December 16th 04, 11:24 AM

Old December 18th 04, 01:33 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Not sure any European would see it that way...

DAS
---

> wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
> And, our Glorious Leader Bush wants it that
> way - his quote is "The policy of my government is a strong-dollar
> policy"

[..]

Old December 18th 04, 01:33 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Not sure any European would see it that way...

DAS
---

> wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
> And, our Glorious Leader Bush wants it that
> way - his quote is "The policy of my government is a strong-dollar
> policy"

[..]

Old December 19th 04, 10:49 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> Not sure any European would see it that way...

Oh Dori, you just don't understand! Isn't that how it's supposed to work?
You start a war that
the rest of the world doesen't approve of and won't help pay for - then you
get the rest of the world
to pay for it anyway by running an enormous budget deficit that is funded by
the rest of the world's
investors! ;-)

I would think that if the rest of the world that CLAIMS to be as antiwar as
they SAY they are
were to actually put their money where their mouths are and stop funding the
deficit here for a
few years, something might actually get done. I'd gladly deal with a few
years of depression here
in order to finally once and for all put the idiot supply sider economists
and deficit spending is
good economists into the grave were they belong.

But, I guess we won't ever see that because it's to the rest of the world's
advantage to allow us
here to keep deluding ourselves, so they can continue draining our economy
of all jobs that actually
produce anything of real value.

Ted

Old December 19th 04, 10:49 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

Old December 19th 04, 12:44 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

And I was wondering what was "strong" about a dollar that is sliding almost
daily against sterling and the euro.. :-)

DAS
---

Old December 19th 04, 12:44 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Old December 20th 04, 03:59 PM
indago

041219 0744 - Dori A Schmetterling posted:

> And I was wondering what was "strong" about a dollar that is sliding almost
> daily against sterling and the euro.. :-)
>
> DAS

It's a strong slide...