Some options I'd like to see on the accord

Old February 18th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Some options I'd like to see on the accord

If any Accord Designers are reading this, I'd like to make a comment
about the accord options. First...I love the accord ex, its a great car
with alot of great options, but I think there should be some options
available on the lx and ex w/o getting a v6 that are available in ala
carte only. The options I'd like to ask for a

1. Higher Wattage stereo, more speakers (8?), Amp and possibly with a
sub woofer.

2. Xenon HID Headlights.

3. Vehicle Stability Control.

4. Standard Fog Lights on all models.

5. Heated seats on non leather models.

6. More horse power on the 4 cyl engine.

7. Trip Computer?

8. Standard XM ready stereos.

9. Better body integrity on bumpers.

10. Smoother ride on bumps.

I think if all of these options were able to be ordered on all models,
for a reasonable price, the car would be a hands down winner accross
the board.

Al

Old February 18th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Herpster1966 wrote:
> If any Accord Designers are reading this, I'd like to make a comment
> about the accord options. First...I love the accord ex, its a great car
> with alot of great options, but I think there should be some options
> available on the lx and ex w/o getting a v6 that are available in ala
> carte only. The options I'd like to ask for a
>
> 1. Higher Wattage stereo, more speakers (8?), Amp and possibly with a
> sub woofer.
>
> 2. Xenon HID Headlights.
>
> 3. Vehicle Stability Control.

??? what do you want "stability control" for on an accord??? describe
the problem you're having.

> 4. Standard Fog Lights on all models.
>
> 5. Heated seats on non leather models.
>
> 6. More horse power on the 4 cyl engine.

when's the last time you red lined the 4-banger? get that thing above
4krpm, and it takes off. describe the problem you're having.

Old February 19th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

??? what do you want "stability control" for on an accord??? describe

the problem you're having. >>

They offer it on the V6 model though. Just want it for safety.

when's the last time you red lined the 4-banger? get that thing above
4krpm, and it takes off. describe the problem you're having. >>

How can you readline it with a automatic? Maybe keeping the
transmission in 3rd gear on the hwy?

They have that (well, all except number 6). It's called Acura.

Buy one of those. >>

I would if the price was 26k instead of 33k. Plus I dont want all of
those features, just would like to have the option to get some of them
if i wanted them. Suppose you only want HID but don't want to spend
$1000.00 getting them after market? It would be nice if it were an
option that you could request for say 400 dollars like on the BMW 3
series.

Old February 19th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

"Herpster1966" > wrote:
> If any Accord Designers are reading this, I'd like to make a comment
> about the accord options. First...I love the accord ex, its a great
> car
> with alot of great options, but I think there should be some options
> available on the lx and ex w/o getting a v6 that are available in ala
> carte only. The options I'd like to ask for a

Well, those options would put Accord to a BMW price category, I'm
afraid. I would be happy if they only made a buzzer sound whenever some
warning light comes on because I don't like to stare on the display
panel most of the time unlesss I have to. Without a buzzer one might
notice a warning too late. If they got those buzzers on the newer
models then I take this back. I am talking from a '94 Accord
perspective.

Rudy

Old February 20th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Herpster1966 wrote:
> ??? what do you want "stability control" for on an accord??? describe
>
> the problem you're having. >>
>
> They offer it on the V6 model though. Just want it for safety.

but what problem are you having? safety of what? this is a sedan with
a low c.g. and 4-wheel independent suspension. it's got one of the
lowest rollover counts per million driver miles of /any/ car on the
road. i just don't understand the problem. or has the power of "gotta
have" marketing possessed you?

> when's the last time you red lined the 4-banger? get that thing above
> 4krpm, and it takes off. describe the problem you're having. >>
>
> How can you readline it with a automatic? Maybe keeping the
> transmission in 3rd gear on the hwy?

honda automatics redline* no problem. you have to floor the gas to make
sure the ecu registers "wot", wide open throttle, but once you do that,
it drops 1 or 2 or even 3 gears to give you 4krpm or 5krpm, then you're
off to the races. if your car's not giving you red, it's not developing
sufficient power and there's something wrong. try injector cleaner as a
first resort. then go into the more traditional tune-up process,
including cleaning the egr valve.

* my 89 civic shifts at 6krpm, not 6.5k the actual red line. but it's
got electro-mechanical kickdown, and is programmed that way. the later
models with fully electronic transmission control, 96 & up i believe,
give you a true red line shift. my 2000 civic auto would give red every
time it was floored.

> They have that (well, all except number 6). It's called Acura.
>
> Buy one of those. >>
>
> I would if the price was 26k instead of 33k. Plus I dont want all of
> those features, just would like to have the option to get some of them
> if i wanted them. Suppose you only want HID but don't want to spend
> $1000.00 getting them after market? It would be nice if it were an
> option that you could request for say 400 dollars like on the BMW 3
> series.

so buy a bmw!!!
Old February 20th 06, 03:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Honda already puts out about 10 different models of the Accord. If
they then had to start worrying about more and more options it would
increase their price (and therefore the consumers price) for all of
those vehicles whether or not you choose those options.

Seems that you want an Accord with more power than the 4 cyl, and many
of the bells and whistles of the 6 cyl model. Why not just get the 6
cyl model???

Personally, I like Acura's model of selling cars. They essentially ask
you what model you want and whether or not you want a navigation
system. Makes it much simpler and cuts costs. This is one of the
reason I would never buy a BMW; they'll sell you a car for around $28K;
but if you want anything beyond an engine, 4 wheels and brakes you are
going to have to pay for it.