defective honda thermostat - warning

Old March 24th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_3_]

Default defective honda thermostat - warning

subsequent to a recent thread, there are indeed a batch of defective
honda thermostats out there - i bought one a while back for "preemptive
maintenance" on a 20 year old car and on fitting, the car had classic
warmup problems. replaced again, back to perfect.

moral of the story: don't assume that because your oem honda
[manufactured by n.t.c.] thermostat is new, that it works properly.

hopefully the duds will have worked their way out of the system by now
[i bought it a couple of years ago], and honda will replace under
warranty for a year, but it's a pita if you get one.
Old March 25th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Hee hee hee. For Toyota some transmissions come skipping gears. Newer
3.5L V6 have piston slap and others have oil consumption problems (1
qt/600 miles). You're right. Always check and double check, don't
assume.

Old May 12th 09, 09:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TE Chea

| don't assume that because your oem honda
| [manufactured by n.t.c.] thermostat is new, that it works properly.

Soak in hot water 1st, see if it opens.

Old May 14th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake "TE Chea" > :

>| don't assume that because your oem honda
>| [manufactured by n.t.c.] thermostat is new, that it works properly.
>
>Soak in hot water 1st, see if it opens.

Don't some of the high pressue systems open at temps above boiling?
--

- dillon I am not invalid

The RMS Titanic sank on April 15th. US income taxes
are due on April 15th. Coincidence? I think not.

Old May 15th 09, 08:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TE Chea

| Don't some of the high pressue systems open at temps above boiling?

I never heard of, engine must be too hot if thermostat opens
this late. F20A's spec says opens @78±2șC, fully by 90șC.
www.aa1car.com/library/2004/cm60450.htm

Old May 16th 09, 01:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Fri, 15 May 2009 15:54:50 +0800, TE Chea > wrote:
>| Don't some of the high pressue systems open at temps above boiling?

>I never heard of, engine must be too hot if thermostat opens
>this late. F20A's spec says opens @78?2?C, fully by 90?C.
>www.aa1car.com/library/2004/cm60450.htm

A system under pressure can be at temperatures well above 100 DEG C
without boiling.

Have you never heard of somebody popping the radiator cap off a system
at temp and having steam expode in their face? It wasn't steam before
the pressure was relieved.
Old March 5th 10, 08:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TE Cheah

How is this relevant to testing a *thermostat ? Which * opens @

Old March 5th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger[_2_]

"TE Cheah" > wrote in :

> How is this relevant to testing a *thermostat ? Which * opens @
>>100șC ?

Most Honda thermostats /start/ opening at 78C, and are /fully open/ at 90C.

A pressurized cooling system can sustain up to about 115C before boiling.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/