parts car for 65 mustang fastback

Old January 9th 05, 05:46 PM
stang 1315

Default parts car for 65 mustang fastback

i am looking for a replacement part for my 65 fastback, specifically
the portion between the rear window and the trunk all the way to the
floor. It would include the brackets that sit down on the inner
wheelhouses and all the structural braces etc. An entire rear clip
would be great. My car has some serious rust issues in this area, but
it is a original k motored 2+2 so it is worth the effort

Old January 9th 05, 09:55 PM
Spike

Here is a possible lead which may help.....
http://links.vintage-mustang.com/index.html

And listed there is an outfit who has a yard full of assorted Mustang
bods, etc.
http://www.mustangsonly.com/

On 9 Jan 2005 09:46:05 -0800, "stang 1315" >
wrote:

>i am looking for a replacement part for my 65 fastback, specifically
>the portion between the rear window and the trunk all the way to the
>floor. It would include the brackets that sit down on the inner
>wheelhouses and all the structural braces etc. An entire rear clip
>would be great. My car has some serious rust issues in this area, but
>it is a original k motored 2+2 so it is worth the effort

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old January 10th 05, 03:17 PM
stang 1315

Thanks for the info. Did you modify your 65 to accomodate the 16"
wheels ? I am thinking of using the 1"lowering leafs in the rear and
the moving the front upper a arms up 1". Russ

Old January 10th 05, 07:48 PM
vince garcia

stang 1315 wrote:

> Thanks for the info. Did you modify your 65 to accomodate the 16"
> wheels ? I am thinking of using the 1"lowering leafs in the rear and
> the moving the front upper a arms up 1". Russ

It will sure handle nice if you do, but having done that on my Cougar, I
think it drops the front end just a little too low. It's also makes it a
lot harder to properly adjust the camber (at least, that was my
experience).
Old January 10th 05, 09:37 PM
Spike

These 16s fill the wells quite nicely. Because it was "mandated" by
Vintage Wheel Works for the Vintage 40s I did go for a negative wedge
kit (mustangsplus) which also dropped the nose down (Cobra drop).

Old January 11th 05, 03:46 AM
stang 1315

Did you reposition the upper a arms to the shelby position ? Still
haven't located a part for the fastback, nobody wants to cut up a
fastback. i need to find a rust bucket that isn't rusted where mine
is.

Old January 11th 05, 06:10 PM
Spike

The negative wedge kit takes care of that.

As for the sheet metal.... it may come down to buying the body panels
necessary to replace the entire section where the problem is. The
panel should be available, and a decent body shop should be able to do
the work if you or someone your know can't do it.

Understandable that nobody wants to cut one up... They are
disappearing pretty fast to become Shelby's and the like.

Old January 12th 05, 01:14 AM
stang 1315

Unfortuntely the structural panel under the body panel between trunk
and rear glass is not available. the rear window lip could be patched
but the repair would be much better with a donor panel. Fabricating
the structural panel may be my only option.

Old January 12th 05, 05:27 AM
Spike

I'm really surprised. I didn't think there was a panel which was not
available in one catalog or another.